Pioneer KRP 500 A / LX 5090

illusion_heart

In case any of our forum member owns either of the above plasmas request to share experience.

I would also like to know if any service requirement has been there and whether Pioneer india has been able to fulfill the same.

Pioneer had launched a gallery in Gurgaon wherein they used to display plasmas similarly there is also a retailer in Bangalore who used to sell kuros albeit at a very premium price. No updates post that

I have been looking for a retailer in Mumbai for some time now. None of the big guys have it in stock or want to import and sell.

Hmm.. that's disappointing. At least I read somewhere that KRP 500A is pocket friendly, so thought may be I could buy it somehow. In case you find some dealer, do let me know.

Thanks

The option of importing the TV ourselves especially in the case of plasmas should be ruled out. There could be issues in transportation or with the product which we will have to bear either by losing the entire investment or incurring additional to send it back to US.

I have a close family friend in london who can buy and courier the same to me (Customs duty shall need to be paid by me)also suggested to avoid air or sea shipment for plasmas due to handling issues.

Local importer is always preferred as the product is already in his posession without visible damage.

In case any of our forum member owns either of the above plasmas request to share experience.

I would also like to know if any service requirement has been there and whether Pioneer india has been able to fulfill the same.

Having witnessed many models of the kuro i can tell you it is the ultimate flat panel Television for HD viewing and nothing comes even remotely close.

Pioneer India will service Kuro plasma but it is paid service.

http://www.20north.com/Pioneer-KRP-...0p-Flat-Panel-K/product/?mid=1&pid=B001PO5UAA

It is 1.45 laks and at that price it is a blind steal consider many crappy LCD's are selling at 1.5 lakh range in India.

my friend received a quote of 1.3 lakhs(including customs and air shipping) for the same model in special order when he called up 20 north personally and gave them a website which sold it for a very less price and they agreed to buy from there for him against special order.

Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Pioneer KRP-500M 50-Inch Class High-Definition 1080p Flat Panel KURO Monitor, Gloss Black : Electronics

It is 1.45 laks and at that price it is a blind steal consider many crappy LCD's are selling at 1.5 lakh range in India.

my friend received a quote of 1.3 lakhs(including customs and air shipping) for the same model in special order when he called up 20 north personally and gave them a website which sold it for a very less price and they agreed to buy from there for him against special order.

Guess we will need to wait for his experience on importing the kuro through 20north. Almost everyone has advised me against importing a plasma by myself as there is way too much risk.

Pls keep us posted

This model costs 2.95L in India. Pioneer has anyways kissed goodbye to Plasma manufacturing after merging with Panasonic. I think very soon we are going to see the Panny matching the Kuro in black level performance.

^this happened quite a while back and we can expect plasma matching the elite kuro or better from Panasonic soon.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back