pioneer remote

rudraksh2005

Hi,
Can anyone advice me how to obtain a replacement or alternative remote for my Pioneer AVR Vsx 920k. The original suffered water damage- i was managing with an all in one remote. We are going to move house and will hence need to recalibrate and setup for which the all in one would be inadequate.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi

Do a simple google search based on the remote model and you will find some links to online dealers.....atleast you will get the costing....also contact Pioneer India and check how much will they charge for a new remote...

In Mumbai, we have the electronics market (Lamington Road) where there are a couple of Remote Dealers who sell pre owned working remotes for all kinds of electronic equipment.....example a Yamaha AVR remote costs between 2000-3000 rupees depending on the model...

One more idea,

Open up the remote and clean the entire PCB with an alcohol. Check to see if there is a problem of a dry solder on the IC etc. Reflux them if you so wish. Who knows the original remote may start working again? MINE DID despite (STB remote) wanton abuse by family members :) even though there was no water problem.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back