Pioneer SP-FS52 or JAMO S426.?

Fs52 is three way while jamo is a 2 way speaker, i am assuming fs52 is better because it will have a better crossover.. Personally i didn't even bother comparing these two, but you need to audition to decide what suits you best... Also jamo package retails with centre and rears at 30k while its difficult finding a pair of fs52s even at 25 these days

Last edited:
Fs52 is three way while jamo is a 2 way speaker, i am assuming fs52 is better because it will have a better crossover.. Personally i didn't even bother comparing these two, but you need to audition to decide what shots you best... Also jamo package retails with centre and rears at 30k while its difficult finding a pair of fs52s even at 25 these days

so jamo package should be a good deal or a pair of fs52.?

Again it depends on budget sir, also what your preferences are.. Audition the jamo and pioneers both, if the jamo sound better then go for the 5.0 package as its vfm, else a 2.0 fs52 if found better sounding to your ears might be more satisfying.. Don't do a blind buy neither buy based on package vs pair.. Chose the best sounding ones.. To me fs52 seem more satisfying so I'm choosing that over the jamo package or even the pair@21k..

Again it depends on budget sir, also what your preferences are.. Audition the jamo and pioneers both, if the jamo sound better then go for the 5.0 package as its vfm, else a 2.0 fs52 if found better sounding to your ears might be more satisfying.. Don't do a blind buy neither buy based on package vs pair.. Chose the best sounding ones.. To me fs52 seem more satisfying so I'm choosing that over the jamo package or even the pair@21k..
thanks mate .
my preference will be 60%music .

Go for the pioneer one . Jamo 426 are starting range of jamo. Heard them once and was not satisfied at all. HTH

Agreed if music is what you want ,FS52 is better,just getting a package for the heck of it isnt a good idea..someday you will feel to upgrade and the then ex speakers will go for a waste virtually

Budget?Marantz lineup is better for music afaik ..buy one with power of atleast 70W per channel ..the wattage of these is 130W at 6ohms impedance

Budget?Marantz lineup is better for music afaik ..buy one with power of atleast 70W per channel ..the wattage of these is 130W at 6ohms impedance

budget will be 30-35k.
i have shortlisted some i.e. denon x500/1000,pioneer vsx-523,yamaha rx-377 or any other u want to suggest .

I have a rxv377 ..just paired with a pair of FS52 and boy it sings..But if I had the money I would have gone for a higher power AVR to make it sing better..shunt the pioneer ..Audition all the Yamaha's and Marantz's in your budget and then start setting up your system..All the best!

I have a rxv377 ..just paired with a pair of FS52 and boy it sings..But if I had the money I would have gone for a higher power AVR to make it sing better..shunt the pioneer ..Audition all the Yamaha's and Marantz's in your budget and then start setting up your system..All the best!
i am thinking about the same combo rx377 and pioneer fs52 at first then upgrade the remaining later .
so can u tell how its overall sound and how the bass is? is it enough or should think about sub also.?

I have just connected them an hour ago and is still night so cant risk playing throbbing movies and be thrown out of the society overnight..But as far as music goes it does not need a sub at all..I guess with movies with a few tweaks you can fairly manage till you have the budget to buy the sub..But I do realize that building it step by step is much better than going the HTiB route..

For movies I heard dark Night and Transformers during audition in 2.0 mode it was a fresh unbroken in piece and the performance was nothing stellar,normal but then so was it in music...imaging is very good and maybe at home I may find it better off as it seems with music...But I feel Sub will be needed later on..but go in stages

Still in my opinion it is damn awesome a pair. I heard an entire song after ages I believe today since headphones and the tinny HTiB ones did not work for me ever..This is epic for me.but i will repeat..please audition before putting in the moolah..you need to be satisfied before you spend the money..dont go by my or any1 elses perception...

Last edited:
I have just connected them an hour ago and is still night so cant risk playing throbbing movies and be thrown out of the society overnight..But as far as music goes it does not need a sub at all..I guess with movies with a few tweaks you can fairly manage till you have the budget to buy the sub..But I do realize that building it step by step is much better than going the HTiB route..

For movies I heard dark Night and Transformers during audition in 2.0 mode it was a fresh unbroken in piece and the performance was nothing stellar,normal but then so was it in music...imaging is very good and maybe at home I may find it better off as it seems with music...But I feel Sub will be needed later on..but go in stages

Still in my opinion it is damn awesome a pair. I heard an entire song after ages I believe today since headphones and the tinny HTiB ones did not work for me ever..This is epic for me.but i will repeat..please audition before putting in the moolah..you need to be satisfied before you spend the money..dont go by my or any1 elses perception...

yeah i know and thanks for the detailed review and read that all speakers should be of same brand for blending if its like that so do i have to go with pioneer sub n center only? or choose any other brands.?

yeah i know and thanks for the detailed review and read that all speakers should be of same brand for blending if its like that so do i have to go with pioneer sub n center only? or choose any other brands.?

Sub I guess you can buy any,buy good ones like Velodyne or SVS when you have the budget..Centers I guess should tonally match and the CS-22 is a good one,I may buy it later down the line myself...

And to actually answer what happens when you mix and match..I will surely update the forum in a few days once I play the music/movies with the HTiB speakers in Centre,SUB and rears..I hope it will not be a Frankenstein..but I will keep you posted...But for a start ..this is a good entry setup that you are planning,unless one has a lot of money or a very very refined taste..in which cases one shall start looking at bigger and better options :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back