Pioneer VSX 1131 vs Yamaha RX V681

revolty

Hello friends,

After going through various discussions and threads, i had made my mind to buy Pioneer VSX 1131 and Taga Tav 606. But, i got the same quote of Rs. 50,000 for Pioneer VSX 1131 as well as Yamaha AVR from Fairdeal (with warranty).
How is the Yamaha AVR compared to Pioneer? Looking forward to your suggestions.
Also, if i am buying Yamaha RX V681; then i will have to go for different speakers combo too.

Hello friends,

After going through various discussions and threads, i had made my mind to buy Pioneer VSX 1131 and Taga Tav 606. But, i got the same quote of Rs. 50,000 for Pioneer VSX 1131 as well as Yamaha AVR from Fairdeal (with warranty).
How is the Yamaha AVR compared to Pioneer? Looking forward to your suggestions.
Also, if i am buying Yamaha RX V681; then i will have to go for different speakers combo too.

Hi,
I am using Yamaha RX V-481 paired with Boston Acoustics A26 bookshelf speakers, and enjoying its performance. Its good for both movies and music. My usage is 50-50 for both and it is serving the purpose well.

Pioneer is also a good and reputed AVR. But it doesn't suits my ears. I feel its little bit dull sounding when compared with Yamaha.

I suggest you to audition both of them and decide. What your ears feel best should be your choice.

Thanks

Hi, I have the Yamaha RX-V 781 paired with the TAGA TAV 606 SE. However I have only done the setup of 2 channel stereo as the surround wires need to be placed. At present like the combo. Pretty good features of the 781 and TAGA sounds good too.

For 50K budget, you can consider Denon x 1200/2200 (or) Marantz 5010 too..

Actually, i had demo of Denon 2200. I found it to be soft and warm whereas i like bright sound for movies. That's why i fixed Pioneer AVR.
But, i have never considered Yamaha before. It was only when someone told me that Yamaha is also available at the same price, i thought of taking FM's advice.
Marantz SR5010 is priced at 90,000 Rs. :eek:

Guys, i was suggested Yamaha 681 over pioneer 1131.
Kindly advise with experience which wud be better?
Need a bit warmer avr.
Plz advice

Guys, i was suggested Yamaha 681 over pioneer 1131.
Kindly advise with experience which wud be better?
Need a bit warmer avr.
Plz advice

Saw your post in a different thread also.:confused:

Pioneer is known for its bright sound signature. Well, that is really good for movies. But if your use is for both music and movies, your consideration should be in this order
1) Marantz
2) Denon
3) Onkyo
4) Yamaha

Now someone might give you a different order according to their experience. Its all about your ears and heart. Don't fell in love with a brand. Feel for the sound. All these brands are best to their own qualities and specifications. Don't be confuse with the configurations. A normal home nobody require an "OPTIMUS PRIME" like system.:eek:hyeah: Mind you, all 5.1.2 AVRs with DTSx and ATMOS are 50k range or more. You are not going to get all BDs or DVDs with 7.1 sound support. Budget can also be a factor, if not extent it.

Marantz are better for music performance. I'll suggest you Marantz NR1606 or Denon AVR-X2200w. I never said Pioneer 1131 is bad for music by any means. But marantz and denon are better with both movies and music. If you get a suggestion of Yamaha, go and audition denon/marantz side by side with yamaha and pioneer also. :thumbsup:

Go for an auditon and tell us your experience. :yahoo:

Saw your post in a different thread also.:confused:

Pioneer is known for its bright sound signature. Well, that is really good for movies. But if your use is for both music and movies, your consideration should be in this order
1) Marantz
2) Denon
3) Onkyo
4) Yamaha

Now someone might give you a different order according to their experience. Its all about your ears and heart. Don't fell in love with a brand. Feel for the sound. All these brands are best to their own qualities and specifications. Don't be confuse with the configurations. A normal home nobody require an "OPTIMUS PRIME" like system.:eek:hyeah: Mind you, all 5.1.2 AVRs with DTSx and ATMOS are 50k range or more. You are not going to get all BDs or DVDs with 7.1 sound support. Budget can also be a factor, if not extent it.

Marantz are better for music performance. I'll suggest you Marantz NR1606 or Denon AVR-X2200w. I never said Pioneer 1131 is bad for music by any means. But marantz and denon are better with both movies and music. If you get a suggestion of Yamaha, go and audition denon/marantz side by side with yamaha and pioneer also. :thumbsup:

Go for an auditon and tell us your experience. :yahoo:

Thanks a ton RD,

Have auditioned Denon X2200 with Dali Z3, somehow found it to be too dull.
I already own Marantz NR1606 with Dali z3 which i am quite impressed with.
This is for one of my frens and he has already listened to my setup with which he was not quite impressed and wanted to explore more options.

Have not heard yamaha yet and Rx-V681 was in budget.
Tried to audition but unable.

Stuck between Pioneer VSX1131 Vs Yamaha RX-V681.

Which among two would be a better choice at a given budget (50K)

Kindly advice further.

Then I would say, listen by your own and decide. Both are powerful and with nice specification on papers. But the experience, only you can say. No further comment on this. And thank you for reading out my last suggestion. :)

Thanks a ton RD,

Have auditioned Denon X2200 with Dali Z3, somehow found it to be too dull.
I already own Marantz NR1606 with Dali z3 which i am quite impressed with.
This is for one of my frens and he has already listened to my setup with which he was not quite impressed and wanted to explore more options.

Have not heard yamaha yet and Rx-V681 was in budget.
Tried to audition but unable.

Which among two would be a better choice at a given budget (50K)

Kindly advice further.

bro what did u purchase finally?pls give ur review here

Hey Chlorophyll,

I settled for Marantz NR1607 with dali Z3 and E12f SW.

My last post in this thread was to seek some help for my friend and finally he also settled with Marantz NR1607 and Polk RTI3 and Polk DSW 660 Wi and must say this is a very good setup for both music and movies.

Were you able to audition Pioneer VSX 1131? and which speakers are you considering?

I am currently using Pioneer VSX1131 bought some 1 month back. Usage is 90% Movies and only occasionally music.

Performance for Blu Ray movies: 9/10; excellent performer at mid and high. Complemented the speaker system with Taga Platinum SW-10 and feels like real life theater with Atmos set up!! Same DAC as mid range successful/popular Onkyo 646. Excellent streaming features.

Performance for Music: 7.5/10

As a user of a Pioneer VSX-1122, I would like to think the sonic signature remains the same. With that in mind, you can't go wrong with a higher end regular series Pioneer. I don't think the sound is bright at all, as another FM had said. One of the highlights of their receivers are the excellent MCACC automatic calibration. Does a really good job. I've not had to touch the settings after the calibration, even in a less than ideal environment.

I won't comment on Yamaha as I have not heard any of their new receivers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back