Pioneer VSX 430K for entry level home audio?

zorori47

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and excited to join such a wonderful community!

I'll be honest with you, until now I've not used any quality sound products in the home speakers department. I do have a good pair of headphones though, Audio technica m50x.

My current setup has two systems connected

1. JBL jembe (for high and mid range)
2. Altec Lansing Octane 7 (for low range)

this sounds fine, but not great (at all) and so I am looking forward to a major upgrade.

My current plan is to get an AV Receiver and use the 2.1 config. For the front speakers, I will be using my really old (circa 2000) Hi-Fi systems Bookshelf speakers, it was rarely used so this can be a good opportunity. They are Akai speakers, 6 ohm impedance with a power rating of 120W(peak?). They sound pretty neutral and so I chose them for the new setup. While looking around for amps I found the Pioneer VSX 430K to be a good option within my budget (50K max). For the low end, I'll be going with a Thonet and Vander SW10, as the Akai speakers need to be set to a high volume to feel the rumble.

Here's the link to the aPioneer receiver Pioneer VSX-430-K 5.1 AV Receiver 4K Ultra HD: Amazon.in: Electronics

To summarise my 2.1ch setup:
1. AV Receiver -- Pioneer VSX 430K
2. AKAI bookshelf speakers --( I like their sound signature, so I'll use them)
3. Subwoofer -- Thonet and Vander SW10

Let me know what you guys think about this setup, especially the Receiver and I welcome all suggestions!

Hi

You need to audition for yourself the different brands and systems available and decide...

You can refer to threads on this site "What Do I Buy" or Home Theatre....

Thanks for the response.

Can anyone suggest me some Audio stores in Delhi/NCR? I have no idea about them.

Hi, if you are not into HT then you are much better off with a stereo amp at half the price. It will sound much better than the AVR as well. In case u want to build a HT slowly then too I suggest you increase the budget and get the most powerful amp you can lay hands on. Don't go by the peak power only , usually Marantz or to some extent Yamahas are considered musical and decent for HT also. Suggest you audition the amps and come back with the shortlist. Then the FMs can give better suggestions.

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back