Pioneer vsx 534 Firmware update

RPT

I have Pioneer VSX 534 with R110 firmware loaded. I find that this firmware does not support Atmos, Should I update it with R108 firmware which according to the companys websites is meant for enabling Atmos support, Please guide me

How did you resolve it?
Tried 3.1.2 configuration, but nothing helped, Then contacted intl pioneer support, they advised me to update it to R108, the problem was resolved, I found Onkyo TSX 393/398 having the same firmware version, the reason for confusing firmware number. Pioneer support is really helpful, while their Indian counterpart as usual.

Hi, I have Pioneer VSX 534 with R110 firmware pre-installed. since this firmware does not support Atmos Height Virtualizer I tried updating its firmware to R108 which supports Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer but while updating the firmware to R108 it says "latest version" please help me.
Tried 3.1.2 configuration, but nothing helped, Then contacted intl pioneer support, they advised me to update it to R108, the problem was resolved, I found Onkyo TSX 393/398 having the same firmware version, the reason for confusing firmware number. Pioneer support is really helpful, while their Indian counterpart as usual.

Hi, I have Pioneer VSX 534 with R110 firmware pre-installed. since this firmware does not support Atmos Height Virtualizer I tried updating its firmware to R108 which supports Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer but while updating the firmware to R108 it says "latest version" please help me.
Yes the same thing is happening with my AVR. What to do and how to enable the Dolby heigh virtualizer. please help me if you found the solution.

How did you update the firmware can you give step by step procedure. cause I am getting Latest version on the receiver and it is not updating.

I had the same problem, trying to update firmware and just wouldn't work. It kept saying Error Code 70 even though I followed all the instructions and tried 4 different USB sticks. Eventually I got through on the phone to their product support and the guy asked me if the serial number sticker had a "B" on it, which it does. Apparently this is a newer model than the original 2019 models. It has the latest firmware for that model (R106-0000-2130-0000), even though it doesn't match the firmware number on the website. So all in all that is a good result for me but I told him to update the website so people like me aren't getting frustrated and wasting hours. Will they update it? Probably not. I wonder how many returns they have gotten because they don't provide the correct info. My receiver was an open-box return that I got a good deal on. Maybe they returned it due to the firmware issue, even though it is the updated one.

I had the same problem, trying to update firmware and just wouldn't work. It kept saying Error Code 70 even though I followed all the instructions and tried 4 different USB sticks. Eventually I got through on the phone to their product support and the guy asked me if the serial number sticker had a "B" on it, which it does. Apparently this is a newer model than the original 2019 models. It has the latest firmware for that model (R106-0000-2130-0000), even though it doesn't match the firmware number on the website. So all in all that is a good result for me but I told him to update the website so people like me aren't getting frustrated and wasting hours. Will they update it? Probably not. I wonder how many returns they have gotten because they don't provide the correct info. My receiver was an open-box return that I got a good deal on. Maybe they returned it due to the firmware issue, even though it is the updated one.
Thank you for this info. I also got an open box unit from visions and was trying to update the firmware with the same error.

I should have first tried enabling enhanced HDMI instead of assuming I needed a firmware update. Of course it worked right away and now I have 4k60 working.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it, I have been fighting with this for a week, bought a new 32gb 3.0 flash drive, followed the instruction to the tee and still got the code 70. The version on my receiveris the same as yours, so apparently no update is required. Thanks for your time on this issue. Now Im having 2 more problems, I cant get the B speakers to work and the Sub woofer doesnt shut off when the reciever is sut off. How do I get in contact with pioneer suport? Dan

good afternoon I have 2 pioneer vsx-534
and each one has a different firmware version
this one does not update error -070
firmware R106-0000-2130-0000
--------------------------------
THIS IF THIS UPDATED
R108-0300-2120-0000

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back