Pioneer VSX-930 or Yamaha RX-V679

mehimansu

Hello,

Do anyone here have any of these two receivers:

- Pioneer VSX-930
- Yamaha RX-V679

I wanted to know in terms of sound quality which one would produce elegant sound?

Also, which speaker system would be ideal for these receivers?

VSX930 is probably discontinued.The latest is VSX1131.Our member @amedius has bought it and quite happy.

Hi

Would recommend you audition first with your kind of music and then compare the specs and check which one stands out to your requirements.....

All the best

VSX930 is probably discontinued.The latest is VSX1131.Our member @amedius has bought it and quite happy.
Yamaha is also good...but I purchased the Pioneer vsx 1131 and the sound is just breathtaking...specially the equiliser provided in the receiver for subwoofer calibration is devine...my sub now punches and slams even hard without boominess. I just added Atmos speakers and I will give the feedback after 3 days when my Madmax Fury blueray arrives.....but I have tested the receiver with the surround sound and wow......mesmerized. It has very good separation of sound....plus there's dtsX...future of surround coming with the update..........

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Pioneer 930 is not discontinued AFAIK.
I did choose the 930 over Yamaha 679 for Atmos and better room correction. From pure audio capability point of view this will be a close contest. But at the moment if surround sound is your priority, i see no reasons to suggest 679 over 930

Pioneer VSX 930 has MCACC Pro whereas Pioneer VSX 1131 has MCACC advanced.. 930 only misses out on DTS X.. Else should be a great AVR since it has MCACC Pro which is reserved only for LX series..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back