Pioneer VSX-LX505 7.2.2 launch and cost

Anandlondhe

Any idea about "Pioneer VSX-LX505 7.2.2 channels 7 HDMI inputs, 2 outputs 120 W per channelDirac Live calibration" when is going to launch and what would be approximate cost?

Any idea about "Pioneer VSX-LX505 7.2.2 channels 7 HDMI inputs, 2 outputs 120 W per channelDirac Live calibration" when is going to launch and what would be approximate cost?
Onkyo and Pioneer line of AV recievers for 2021 is expected to be launched in second half of 2021. Probably by this years fourth quarter we can get the new Pioneer AV recievers... What is your budget , speaker set up and listening habits?

Onkyo and Pioneer line of AV recievers for 2021 is expected to be launched in second half of 2021. Probably by this years fourth quarter we can get the new Pioneer AV recievers... What is your budget , speaker set up and listening habits?
It's decision between denon x3700 or pioneer vsx lx 505.....I heard pioneer and onkyo companies condition not good so is it worth buying it?

It's decision between Denon x3700 or pioneer vsx lx 505.....I heard pioneer and onkyo companies condition not good so is it worth buying it?
X3700 is an 9 channel AV receiver ( with 11 channel processing and with external stereo amp you can go for 7.1.4 system) and 505 is 7 channel AV receiver(so 5.1.2 or 7.1 is only possible.). I am using Pioneer LX 304 for the past 6 months and so far I have been very happy with its performance. AV paradise in Mumbai deals in both pioneer as well as Denon, this is where I got my pioneer. Denon gives a more neutral and relaxed sound whereas pioneer gives a little bright sound and Pioneer uses Class D amplifier so it runs very cool when compared to Denon/ Marantz / Yamahas with class AB amplifiers. So if you want 9 channels of amplification under 70k Pioneer LX304 from 2020 is available but it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 ( 8K 60 fps and 4k120 fps as well as no EARC) I am more than ok with 4k 60 fps max and i connect my bluray and consoles to my AVR for video pass through, if money is not a problem then you can go for x3700 H ( will cost 1.2 to 1.4 lakhs and at 1 lakhs max if you can get a good deal) . KEI electronics in Mumbai is the dealer for pioneer in India and they give 2 year warranty for AV receivers. But Denon has more service outlets in India than Pioneer. So experience may vary depending on where you are located at. If HDMI 2.1 for 8k and EARC is not a problem, you can go ahead and plan for Pioneer 304 at 70k or lesser if you can get a good deal. If you have got the budget of 1-1.4 lakhs then x3700h is a pretty good product.

Can vouch for KEI electronics, superb service and Pioneer with 2 years warranty is a boon.

Had visited their demo place for speakers and service center, good sales team. They even exchange your old unit if you want to purchase a new one, but has to be a pioneer.

But that said pioneer lacks the richness which others provide. Well pointed Vinod my x3700 does get hotter than the Pioneer I used earlier. Keeping it cooler with a laptop fan.

X3700 is an 9 channel AV receiver ( with 11 channel processing and with external stereo amp you can go for 7.1.4 system) and 505 is 7 channel AV receiver(so 5.1.2 or 7.1 is only possible.). I am using Pioneer LX 304 for the past 6 months and so far I have been very happy with its performance. AV paradise in Mumbai deals in both pioneer as well as Denon, this is where I got my pioneer. Denon gives a more neutral and relaxed sound whereas pioneer gives a little bright sound and Pioneer uses Class D amplifier so it runs very cool when compared to Denon/ Marantz / Yamahas with class AB amplifiers. So if you want 9 channels of amplification under 70k Pioneer LX304 from 2020 is available but it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 ( 8K 60 fps and 4k120 fps as well as no EARC) I am more than ok with 4k 60 fps max and i connect my bluray and consoles to my AVR for video pass through, if money is not a problem then you can go for x3700 H ( will cost 1.2 to 1.4 lakhs and at 1 lakhs max if you can get a good deal) . KEI electronics in Mumbai is the dealer for pioneer in India and they give 2 year warranty for AV receivers. But Denon has more service outlets in India than Pioneer. So experience may vary depending on where you are located at. If HDMI 2.1 for 8k and EARC is not a problem, you can go ahead and plan for Pioneer 304 at 70k or lesser if you can get a good deal. If you have got the budget of 1-1.4 lakhs then x3700h is a pretty good product.

If 505 is available and you can get your hands on one, I would say go ahead and get one. Pioneers are class d amplified av receivers and also the sound is little bright than denon and marrantz. If that is not a problem and you watch movies majorily, you can go ahead and get a pioneer. If you are very sensitive above music tonality and prefer only movies then you should go ahead for denon as its offers better music. What kind of speakers do you have?

Can vouch for KEI electronics, superb service and Pioneer with 2 years warranty is a boon.

Had visited their demo place for speakers and service center, good sales team. They even exchange your old unit if you want to purchase a new one, but has to be a pioneer.

But that said pioneer lacks the richness which others provide. Well pointed Vinod my x3700 does get hotter than the Pioneer I used earlier. Keeping it cooler with a laptop fan.
You are right pioneer is bright and the class d amplifers sound different than traditional class AB amplifiers which causes detail in music a little dull and highs a little bright. I use my Denon PMA 800 for music with Polk S60 and Polk sub woofer. I use my pioneer only for watching movies in my living room. For movies I think pioneer 304 is more than enough for my requirements,the dynamics and object tracking is good. Taga 5.0 607 package and my old yamaha speakers for height speakers are fine for movie watching..... For movies I believe pioneer offer best bang for buck and that's why I got it instead of spending more as I already had my stereo set up for my dad...

If 505 is available and you can get your hands on one, I would say go ahead and get one. Pioneers are class d amplified av receivers and also the sound is little bright than denon and marrantz. If that is not a problem and you watch movies majorily, you can go ahead and get a pioneer. If you are very sensitive above music tonality and prefer only movies then you should go ahead for denon as its offers better music. What kind of speakers do you have?
Jbl stage A190 towers, jbl stage A120 pair bookslef , jbl stage A125c, jbl stage A120 subwoofer, xlc 620 ceiling atmos speakers. Some are suggesting marantz sr6015 instead of denon and Pioneer as it's sound signature is more musical tone.... So little bit confused

Jbl stage A190 towers, jbl stage A120 pair bookslef , jbl stage A125c, jbl stage A120 subwoofer, xlc 620 ceiling atmos speakers. Some are suggesting marantz sr6015 instead of denon and Pioneer as it's sound signature is more musical tone.... So little bit confused
Again marrantz is musical because it is set up and tuned that way....Denon doesn't do any of that, it's sound signature is neutral. I would suggest if you have the money look for marrantz but for me it's not value proposition. If you are concerned about musical performance then go for Denon you wouldn't go wrong there.If you are ok with bright music tonality you can save lot of money and get a pioneer. I would recommend getting a live demo to determine your choice......

I'd avoid Pioneer. A lot of uncertainity around the operations of the company in the home AV space. At the asking price, you can get a nice Denon.

You are right pioneer is bright and the class d amplifers sound different than traditional class AB amplifiers which causes detail in music a little dull and highs a little bright. I use my Denon PMA 800 for music with Polk S60 and Polk sub woofer. I use my pioneer only for watching movies in my living room. For movies I think pioneer 304 is more than enough for my requirements,the dynamics and object tracking is good. Taga 5.0 607 package and my old yamaha speakers for height speakers are fine for movie watching..... For movies I believe pioneer offer best bang for buck and that's why I got it instead of spending more as I already had my stereo set up for my dad...
Pioneer VSX-LX 10x/30x/50x series AVRs don't have ClassD amplifiers. Their power consumption numbers are way too high for ClassD. But thier 50x/90x series indeed have ClassD amps. Again thier power consumption figures clearly show that.

It's decision between denon x3700 or pioneer vsx lx 505.....I heard pioneer and onkyo companies condition not good so is it worth buying it?
Denon 3700 is a well measured proven amp for its price.Onkyo and pioneer historically had hdmi board issues. Denon too had their share of issues but the 3600, 3700 both are relatively troublefree. Just get it now.

Pioneer VSX-LX 10x/30x/50x series AVRs don't have ClassD amplifiers. Their power consumption numbers are way too high for ClassD. But thier 50x/90x series indeed have ClassD amps. Again thier power consumption figures clearly show that.
Pioneer has switched entirely to class D amplification ( internally called as direct energy) few years back as far as Pioneer 30 series goes I own one (lx304) and also refer the below review from whathifi for the same.
These are entry level class d amplifers that are used in 10/30/50 series that's the reason the higher priced ones like the 70 /90 series sound much better and are much more efficient. Even 10/30/50 series has way better cooling and they deliver power much closer to their rated values than class AB amplifiers used by Yamaha/Denon/ Marrantz.... Class D in general gives a different sound tonality than class AB that's why many users complain on the detailing of sound on onkyos and pioneers with class D.
Refer above specifications for lx304 as the amplifier type is direct energy.

In 70 series they mention the same direct energy with HD as they use their top of line amplification on these high end av receivers. Entry level av receiver gets the entry level direct energy amplifiers which are also class D,just not as efficient.

Last edited:
One of my friend is using lx304,and in spite of driving it hard,it hardly emits any Heat. Whereas my Denon 3500 AB amp runs crazy hot.
Class D surely runs lot cooler

Pioneer has switched entirely to class D amplification few years back as far as Pioneer 30 series goes I own one (lx304) and also refer the below review from whathifi for the same.
These are entry level class ds that are used in 10/30/50 series that's the reason the higher priced ones like the 70 series sound much better....
Sorry for the wrong info. I looked at the power consumption figures of lx304/504 and lx704/904. The lower models consume >700 watts (870 watts for 504) while higher models consume around 300 watts.

Do ClassD amps need so much power?

Sorry for the wrong info. I looked at the power consumption figures of lx304/504 and lx704/904. The lower models consume >700 watts (870 watts for 504) while higher models consume around 300 watts.

Do ClassD amps need so much power?
You are right as far as the power consumption of entry level pioneers are not as good as their 70/90 series.Class D amps are more efficient at turning raw AC power into watts but that doesn't mean they actually use less energy, they are simply not wasting as much energy in the conversion to heat as will class A or AB amps. That's why even entry level 10/30/50 series of pioneers runs very cool and deliver power values that are closer to what is said in the specs. The 70/90 series uses the top of the line D3 amplifiers with better internal components which reduces the power consumption as well. But class D sound is inherently different to how class AB amplifiers sound that is why Denon/Marrantz/Yamaha still use most advanced class AB even though they are not as efficient as class D.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back