PJ350 or PJ650 or PJ560

mehuldil

Hay Hi,

I am now done will all the research and RnD... Finally decided to buy any of this model, however, bit confused which one to buy as all are available at about 2000 Difrnce.

PJ350 - 36K - Base model
PJ650 - 39K - Frameless
PJ560 - 38600 - 500 W spkr

Also, they will take my 21' at exchange, so deduct 2000 min from this amt.

Can some one suggest me which one to buy and is it worth spending extra amnt on any of 650 or 560??

As of now they do not have 350 n 650 in stock though and 560 is available...

Got to knw tht PJ560 has extra spker at side of the Frame... I feel it will make screen size look smaller... I thought it has INVISIBle spker like other models.... Any inputs..

Suggest, try deciding from between a 560 and a 350.

'With' frame design is always better ... have given the info earlier ... as to why.

If you possess HT speakers-AVR, then you can settle for the cheaper 350 too.

Hi,

?
Thanks...Have you seen 560? Is there nay other technical difrn in 560 n 350? 560 seems to have extra spker on side which is killing the looks....

Seems eveyrone is egar to sell 560.. n sayng 350 is not in stock... cant really make out the difrnce... what to do....!!!!

Sound is nt major thing I m looking for....howevr screen size is bit less in 350 compared to 560...

@Mehul:

All 3 LG 2010 models are of the same size in 42 inch screen wise. On the PJ560, it is a psychological feeling that the screen is a bit smaller, since the speakers are side-mounted. However the PJ560 DOES have better sound than the PJ350 and PJ650. Between 350 and 650, the main difference is the frameless design on the 650. I have last year's 42PQ70 from LG which is also frameless.

If you'd be watching a lot of TV channels like cable or DTH with sound directly from the TV, then the 560 is worth it. If you're gonna connect the audio out or Monitor Out from the TV to your AV receiver or home theatre system, then the 560 is not worth the extra. The 350 would be enough.

One my close friends recently bought the 42PJ350 here in Chennai and is very happy with the plasma. Especially the fact that the USB port on the plasma recognises his 1TB external HDD and plays Divx, JPG, MP3s from it with navigation etc. All 3 models will have this feature.

Hope that helps!

---Venkat

Thnks Vis.

I recently called LG guys.. and they seem to be telling me that PQ is better on 560 as its Higher model, and they have Picture Wizard too.. to change all the options..

Does 350 has 24P? and 3:2 pull down?

I hve Dish DTH, and in future buyng HT for sure...

Hmm not sure about those features that you have mentioned. However, the panel used in all three models is the same. 650 has an extra sheet of glass for that single sheet frameless look. Do a comparison on the LG India website for all 3 models. I shall try to do the same and see what I come up with too.

---Venkat

There is nothng much given on the site, and I called so many LG guys, customer care, and service tech person.. none of thm know any bit of it...

seems I will wait for the 350 to be availble in stock..

Hi,

Vikram here...a newbie from B'lore hunting for a 42" plasma.....I am also stuck with the same dilemma of which among the PJ series or to simply buy the Panasonic X20 with 3 yrs warranty (it also doesnt have the USB option...but what the heck i get 3 yrs warranty!)

any inputs....

Panasonic any day over LG and i would also suggest Sammy C450 which has the usb slot.
However if u want to buy x20 better take A20.

Hi,

I purched PJ560, it has better sound output... n screen is gr8 as of now... Only thng is problmtic is Reflection, but I m ok wth it..

For Panny - check with sound and other settings n featurs offered..

Sammy C450 - is also good deal, final price i got for that was 38.5k, it plays all the format i.e. DivX, HD, MKV

PJ series plays only DIVX

They are... I would suggest dont go with any of the LG India Specs... better visit store n check out there..

I finally paid 39K with EMI

Checked Pj560 at a local LG shop.
The SD content on tata sky was not impressive at all.
Sound output is better than samsung.
Dealers last offer was 44500 which i think is on higher side with airtel HD free.
Also the USB port is at the back which might be an inconvenience if its a wall mount.

I am using PJ560, PQ is nice.. n USB is on Side..
I bought it for 38.5 with EMI, check n bargain. Recently LG has reduced price of this set.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back