Placement of sub woofer

amalanil

I have two options to place my Elac s10 subwoofer(planning to buy). Due to limitations of room space, only two options of placement is possible.

1. In the corner (so wall on two sides) of the room with tv stand on one side and tower speaker in front. (With two inch gap on all sides) .

2. Placing the sub woofer inside a dedicated space among the table. So two sides and top will be table wall( 3 inch gap) , front open and wall at back with a 6 inch gap . It's on the floor, not table. The table can be designed to include it.

So which would be the better option for the best results?

U need to experiment with both the options and see which sounds better. Am using my sub in a closed cabinet sure to space constraint, but it always sounded better when placed near wall, outside the cabinet,,atleast in my room.

You will want to place the subwoofer close to a wall, preferably with that side or corner also containing a flat surface (like a desk or dresser). This helps it communicate better and also prevents it from blasting sound away from the sweet spot in your room. You should avoid placing them too close to furniture or curtains as they may impede performance. As for placement at an angle, there is not really any net advantage--observing my own speaker placement I find myself juggling between placing it straight up against the wall or angling it based on what feels more aesthetically pleasing in each moment. In general, experiment and find something that suits you!

I have two options to place my Elac s10 subwoofer(planning to buy). Due to limitations of room space, only two options of placement is possible.

1. In the corner (so wall on two sides) of the room with tv stand on one side and tower speaker in front. (With two inch gap on all sides) .

2. Placing the sub woofer inside a dedicated space among the table. So two sides and top will be table wall( 3 inch gap) , front open and wall at back with a 6 inch gap . It's on the floor, not table. The table can be designed to include it.

Position the subwoofer against the front wall, left or right of the middle of the front wall ideally at 1/4 or 3/4 of the room width. Definitely not in corners as it causes standing waves. Some call it as enhanced bass. But., that is a mistake imo. 2 subs are always better than one (one each at 1/4th from each side wall) as they provide more uniform lows in all frequencies

If

Share your room layout with possible spots..

So which would be the better option for the
Considering the investment gone into the subs...I would suggest using rew and a umik-1 microphone to move around the subs, and measure at every instance to see where they work best :)

None of us forum floaters know your room, so our advise at best will always be random

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back