Placement of suboofer

vishnuvj

Hi

Due to space constraints I have to shift my audio system from bedroom to drawing room shelf. I have to place two Jamo speakers on top corners of 7 ft high shelf and AVR and other gadgets below the tv rack. I have no space for placing the sub which was earlier placed 18” above floor level in my bedroom. Before I venture redesigning the shelf I request forum to let me know if I can place the sub in line between two speakers at shelf top level?

Hi

Due to space constraints I have to shift my audio system from bedroom to drawing room shelf. I have to place two Jamo speakers on top corners of 7 ft high shelf and AVR and other gadgets below the tv rack. I have no space for placing the sub which was earlier placed 18” above floor level in my bedroom. Before I venture redesigning the shelf I request forum to let me know if I can place the sub in line between two speakers at shelf top level?
a 7ft high shelf is a terrible place to position your speakers. Ideally, they should be at ear level of your listening position while you're seated. Though a sub on top of a 7 foot high self makes for an interesting proposition. Let us know how that turns out for you. But do try and bring your speakers to ear level.

Thank you. Right now I have both speakers at 5.5 ft with subs on left side at 18” level and it sounds great. My problem is that I am not in a position to test the subs by placing it higher due to health reasons (am 66 yrs). If someone has tried keeping subs at that level would like to know how it sounds.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back