Planning a home theater set-up

syamspillai

I was planning for a home theater set-up for my flat in Bangalore. Due to space constraints I am planning to go with on wall speakers as L/C/R set up.

Area available is roughly 3.5 mtr x 2.6 mtr (the setup will have to stay against the small wall) living room, which opens to the dining room. An issue could be that it is open on one side, with only 3 walls. It opens up into the dining hall, which cannot be covered. So I will have to work with the existing room setup. I doubt it could have some serious issue in obtaining a desired output from any system setup.

Any standing or column speakers is gonna make it look congested.The only option left is in-wall or wall mount speakers. The wall is solid brick wall, so I am not very sure about an in-wall setup. I was also planning to go with a Sonos set-up, but am not very keen.

I got prices from Audioone, Bangalore for the below items
MARTIN LOGAN SLM XL on wall
MARTIN LOGAN SLM on wall
MARTIN LOGAN DYNAMO 700 W Subwoofer

PARADIGM MILLENIA LP XL on wall
MONITOR SUB 10
MONITOR SUB 12

With regard to Subwoofer I am inclining towards SVS, great reviews. SB2000 maybe.

After reviewing many options with regard to AVR, I really liked Yamaha RXV579 or RXV779 (due to 4K upscaling). Even few models from Marantz are also great

Any suggestions from your guys would be really appreciated.

Later I want to convert one of the other rooms into a music room as well. Maybe with a pair of bookshelves.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back