planning on buying Cadence VA1-HP and Arista pair

nautilus_d

Hello Friends,

I am on the verge of narrowing down to the Cadence VA1 HP amp + Arista speakers for my first ever audio-phile setup. I love the sound.

Its a lot of money and this is going to be pretty much for keeps....let say 10 years atleast.
This also will be my first experience with Valve amps and hybrid ESLs. I have read thru as much info I could on the setup..and its all good, but I could not find much written about the after sales aspect ( complaints?)

Long term ( proud) owners / former owners of this setup...please advise on the long term performance / durability / support from Cadence etc. Like I mentioned, its a lot of money, and I am hoping this is a right choice given the fact there will not be any upgrades for a very very long time!!!

Cheers!

Hello Friends,

I am on the verge of narrowing down to the Cadence VA1 HP amp + Arista speakers for my first ever audio-phile setup. I love the sound.

Its a lot of money and this is going to be pretty much for keeps....let say 10 years atleast.
This also will be my first experience with Valve amps and hybrid ESLs. I have read thru as much info I could on the setup..and its all good, but I could not find much written about the after sales aspect ( complaints?)

Long term ( proud) owners / former owners of this setup...please advise on the long term performance / durability / support from Cadence etc. Like I mentioned, its a lot of money, and I am hoping this is a right choice given the fact there will not be any upgrades for a very very long time!!!

Cheers!

Hello,

Wonderful combo. You will not go wrong with this set up.
My Amayas are run by Cadence V1.0 which
is 20Watts RMS class A Hybrid valve amp.
No problem in drving the Amayas.
After sales service is the best.
You will not have any problem.
Very nice people at Cadence.
Try the Class A amp of theirs.
Foreign brands are way overpriced here in India
and are not worthwhen compared to the Cadence line up.
You have made the right chioce. enjoy....

+1..............

These very fine , refined components will give you years and years of joy and YES after this kit there is no need for any upgrades for years. Don't worry about service support etc it is there very prompt, reasonable but you will never need it.

I drive ANINAs with VA-1 20W class A. If possible get VA-1 in this pure class A version (it is still being made on request)

By the way what source component/s and cables are you getting with this? Cadence gears really shine with either VDH or SIltech cables , do consider them atleast for Analog Interconnects.

One of our forum member 'hifiashok' has got VA-1 HP + Arista , do check with him.

what is the price range we are talking about? Pls pm me if you do not want to disclose.

Hello Friends,

Cheers!

Hi Mahiruha and anm,

Prices in that site were given in August 2007. Since then prices have gone up significantly. As mentioned in my amp thread (page 7, Cadence audition), the VA-1 has a price of Rs 1.09 L now (not sure if that includes VAT) and the Avita's that were used in that audition also had a significant hike from the number quoted in the link provided by you (since I was not looking for speakers, I cannot remember exactly the current prices of those, 1.4 or 1.6 or 1.7 L). Frankly, I found the gear nowhere near worth those prices.

However, I was told that the audition was badly set up (perhaps with an average CDP, ordinary cables and no space around the Avita's etc). Forum member "myriad" (Vasu) from Kolkata has the same Cadence set-up and someday (hopefully in the near future) we can hear each other's systems and compare.

However, these are list prices, I guess. Still the list prices do indicate the ballpark prices. Whether Cadence or their dealers give any good discounts, I do not know. At least Sri Surojit Paul of Digital Acoustics, Kolkata (local dealer of Cadence) did not mention any and I had a few talks with him around the time of my audition.

Regards.

Hi Mahiruha and anm,

Frankly, I found the gear nowhere near worth those prices.

However, I was told that the audition was badly set up (perhaps with an average CDP, ordinary cables and no space around the Avita's etc). Forum member "myriad" (Vasu) from Kolkata has the same Cadence set-up and someday (hopefully in the near future) we can hear each other's systems and compare.

Regards.

i agree re the 'worth it'. i've heard cadence gear many times and with current prices definitely not worth it. the valve amp is a hybrid and does not come close to an all valve SET amp. of course this is my opinion, others might find differently :D incidentally you'd be interested to know that myriad has on another forum made a post about his visit to viren's place and found the SET amp and single drivers more musical than his own cadence set up. you can talk to him for more. and this was with the 2A3 tubes i think. if he heard the 45 tubes he'd hear a huge difference.

regards

did an interesting AB, etc., with the following:

Cadence VA-1 HP
Cadence Arista Mk-II
Viren's (LyritaAudio) 6C33C SET Amp.

The Cadence setup was Spk/IC with Siltech New Yorks.

The LyritaAudio was setup Spk/IC with LyritaAudio custom cables (with the Arista MK-IIs).

Other than self, another Cadence VA1 + Amaya owner was also present.

Details of the source, etc., is in the signature below.

Room details, pix, are in one of the other threads in this forum.

Must concede, at the price of the LyritaAudio SET Amp, tis a mean piece of work. Kudos to Viren. I believe Kamal (who was also present) is working on a more detailed write-up.

Hope this helps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back