Planning to but Wii . suggestions Plz

avink

One of my friends is visiting US and has agreed to carry it for me. I am planning to order it via Amazon and deliver it in US. I am not into games and have decided to buy wii mainly as a family-fun thing ..which my 3 yr old daughter and wife can also play.

Seems like it comes bundled with a remote and nunchk.

Q: Should i order any additional accessories/remote/games/software. I also saw videos of Wii fit plus with balance board and i seems like a must have addition. thoughts ?

Q: Can i get a better deal/offers on any other site/store(i checked couple of sites and the price seems to around $200 in almost all the sites).

One of my friends is visiting US and has agreed to carry it for me. I am planning to order it via Amazon and deliver it in US. I am not into games and have decided to buy wii mainly as a family-fun thing ..which my 3 yr old daughter and wife can also play.

Seems like it comes bundled with a remote and nunchk.

I think recently Wii Sports Resorts and a Motion Plus is also included.

Q: Should i order any additional accessories/remote/games/software. I also saw videos of Wii fit plus with balance board and i seems like a must have addition. thoughts ?

You would need an additional set of Wii Remote, Nunchk and Motion Plus to play 2-player games. And you definitely would want to play 2-player.

Q: Can i get a better deal/offers on any other site/store(i checked couple of sites and the price seems to around $200 in almost all the sites).

You may, but it would be few dollars here and there. For example, when I bought it from Amazon, I later found that Toys R Us are selling at the same price though with couple of accessories included.

BTW, the Wii adaptor is a 110V adaptor, so you would need to buy a step down transformer. I bought it from the US for $10 and its working fine till date.

avink: Please do do do check out the XBOX Kinect (Xbox.com | Kinect) . Xbox has a fair bit of presence in India . So the support is always available. Also it can surely be modded , So you can always but those cheap games from palika . Also with Kinect you dont need a remote , so you may never need to buy a remote

avink: Please do do do check out the XBOX Kinect (Xbox.com | Kinect) . Xbox has a fair bit of presence in India . So the support is always available. Also it can surely be modded , So you can always but those cheap games from palika . Also with Kinect you dont need a remote , so you may never need to buy a remote

I have no experience with Xbox. I had a PS2 previously and I used to love it. It was modded when bought locally and I could play copied games on it.

As far as Wii is concerned, it can be soft modded very easily. I did that myself reading online manuals and can now play backup games, dvds etc very easily. Of course, I am not suggesting pirated games here, but to copy the game DVDs to a harddisk and play from it is a big help

Buy the "Wii balance board with Wii Fit Plus".. that's the only reason most people buy the Wii.. and Nintendo games always favor fun and not graphics.. which is sometimes a good thing.

Buy an additional remote and nunchuck controller if you wanna play Boxing/Tennis 2 player game with anyone in your family.. I play Boxing, Tennis with family members and it is best exercise as you'll be sweating a lot (and calories in the process) after 3 rounds (which takes under 5 mins.. lol).

Sometimes stores like BestBuy, CostCo etc have good offers with discounts or additional controllers.. So sometimes even WITH the additional 8.5% tax it may be cheaper.. but if you don't wanna trouble your friend just go the Amazon route.

My Experience :

I bought Wii Sports Resorts Edition (Wii Console + Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus controller)last month from US for $200. I also bought 2 used Wii games from Amazon (Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil).

Back in India, I bought a 220 to 120 power adapter to use it here. After 3 days it didn't turn on. I borrowed a friends Wii power adapter to see if anything happened to Wii console. Fortunately it worked. So my adapter is gone. Looks like Wii power adapter is too sensitive and I have seen similar cases on the net even after people using the voltage converters. So you better purchase a good adapter in US itself.

I took the adapter for repair, the shop offered the repair for 700/- but no warranty and a new one for 1400/- with one year warranty. I opted for later. So far it is working fine (since 3 weeks).

IMHO, PS3 and XBox are more towards teenagers and hardcore gamers. These will be little complex for your 3 years cutie. My suggestion is go with Wii.

My Experience :
I bought Wii Sports Resorts Edition (Wii Console + Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus controller)last month from US for $200. I also bought 2 used Wii games from Amazon (Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil).

I like Mario Kart as well as New Super Mario Brother. They are fun to play with family

Back in India, I bought a 220 to 120 power adapter to use it here. After 3 days it didn't turn on. I borrowed a friends Wii power adapter to see if anything happened to Wii console. Fortunately it worked. So my adapter is gone. Looks like Wii power adapter is too sensitive and I have seen similar cases on the net even after people using the voltage converters. So you better purchase a good adapter in US itself.

I local dealer told me the same. I bought the voltage transformer from the US and touch wood, its working fine many months now. I don't think I bothered to even check the ratings when I bought it

IMHO, PS3 and XBox are more towards teenagers and hardcore gamers. These will be little complex for your 3 years cutie. My suggestion is go with Wii.

Completely agree. BTW, you should buy another set of controllers for the real fun.

+1234....X to sonic_nirvana ...... Go for wii .

You forgot the Motion controller PS3 move coming this Autumn? Instead of splurging on a Wii I would rather put my money on PS3 which has better games library and absolutely getting the motion controller gimmick as well.

You forgot the Motion controller PS3 move coming this Autumn? Instead of splurging on a Wii I would rather put my money on PS3 which has better games library and absolutely getting the motion controller gimmick as well.

What about existing PS3 customers :sad:

What about existing PS3 customers :sad:

Not to worry mate - It's just an add-on like the Buzz controllers. So existing PS3 owners can still use it - It makes sense to buy PS3 rather than a Wii because you get best of both worlds now.

Here's the link if you want to read more. Some FPS games are also going to use it and it will be interesting.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back