Planning to buy integrated amp + speakers

hitechah

since my quest for high-end diy audio is going anywhere, i am planning of buying an integrated amp and a nice set of bookshelf monitors or floorstand speakers.

the problem is that budget is a constraint, so i am looking at 75k initially which can be extended to 90k.

for my source i am going to use ipad air with Apple lossless music, the ipad has a decent DAC read about it here :Archimago's Musings: MEASUREMENTS: Apple iPad Air 2 - Audio Output Quality

for the amp i am looking at the marantz pm 6005 which is quite decently priced and available for approximately 38k or so, but there is no hard and fast rule and i am open to trying other amps too.

for speakers i am looking at dali zensor 3 / zensor 5 or if budget allows possibly a zensor 7.

i am also looking at dynaudio, monitor audio, kef, klipsch refrence range and wharfedale, however i am open to all brands.

the only consideration is:

-good sound

this is very subjective i know, but i have it narrowed down to my taste and preference so i have a very good idea of what i want in a speaker.

however i am clueless as to where i can audition these speakers in delhi with a wide variety of amps as i am in the last stages of making a selection and a purchase.

also what is the additional cost of interconnects wiring etc ? an approximate idea will do. :)

any suggestions are welcome, and as always thank you.

Hi

With that budget I am sure you will be able to get a decent amp + speakers....don't rush...go audition with all the available dealers in Delhi and start shortlisting down brands and models.....

Carry your music as it will be the same thing you will be hearing at home.

thanks for the reply, but i am having a hard time figuring out where i can find dali speakers in delhi.. its a shame no one keeps them anymore.

Integrated amp + speakers better than getting active speakers or monitors with DAC?

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

Marantz PM6005 and Dali Zenzor 3 is a very good combination on this price point.
If your source have optical output then you can use PM6005's DAC to start with, and then slowly you can audition different DAC to find out what kind of difference you may get from separate dedicated DAC.
If you can wait for 15 days then you can experience it at my place.

Thanks for the inputs guys, top gizmos stocks Dali in Noida. Since it's not too much of an inconvenience going there today to audition zensor and Rubicon series with marantz.

Yes I will be visiting Mr. Bakshi in the next week, I am super excited to listen to the speakers because I have first hand heard the sound of tube amplifiers.

Contact Sid, He will guide you to acoustic Zen and I'm not kidding. His number is +919599821821. He keeps Dali, as I saw is one of your requirements,and some more.

In your budget u can get Dali Zensor 3 or Elac B6. i have elac B6 and they are singing very well. as Anuj said contact sid, he is very friendly and knowledgeable guy. he keep stock of Dali and Elac.

Thanks guys. Currently sitting and listening to zensor 7, heard opticon 2, my god the speaker does outshine on some tracks. Set up is not optimal running speakers through iPad lossless dac alongwith avr from denon x4200, i think Sid is closed on Sunday. Will call him up tomorrow and try and go next Saturday.

The zensor 7 is a fantastic speaker, songs which are not heavy on the bass the kids are really clear not as good as the opticon but very comparable.

Marantz PM6005 and Dali Zenzor 3 is a very good combination on this price point.
If your source have optical output then you can use PM6005's DAC to start with, and then slowly you can audition different DAC to find out what kind of difference you may get from separate dedicated DAC.
If you can wait for 15 days then you can experience it at my place.

Yes, thank you so much for the offer I would really love to audition the dac at your place. Once I have finalised my purchased which will probably be by the end of ths month (hopefully) :)

My little advice. don't be hurry. Only your ear can tell you which sounds good. Test each and every combinations. marantz PM 6006 is on its way. Each and every brand has its own sound signature. First find out which one suits you. All the best.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back