Planning to buy "M2Tech Young DAC"

ilar

Hi Friends,

I have just acquired a Naim Nait 5i-2 from a fellow forum member Vijay and am extremely happy with the result. The naim seems to be far far better compared to my Marantz PM8003. It seems to pair well with my RS6s.

Meanwhile, I thought my weaklink is the CD player, Marantz CD6003, and hence thought would introduce a DAC in my chain (gave up hope on high-end CD players after a lot of advises from our forum friends) and have narrowed down to "M2TECH Young DAC." I will use my CD player as a transport. Also have options of introducing my desktop to the chain later on.

I would like to welcome your comments/opinions on this. I am planning to have one of my friends bring it for me from the US.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Hello iLar,

Yes, the M2Tech's sound improves almost 50% when used with its upgraded power supply.

The M2Tech does High Res very well.

I have a friend who has an M2Tech Young DAC and Palmer power supply which is 6 months old and in MINT Condition. PM me for his contact details ( He is based in Mumbai).

In my opinion, the M2Tech is a class apart from the Old Theta GenV (Gen5).

The GenV while a good DAC in its days ( almost a decade ago ? Definitely before the emergence of Hi Res files ) plays to my ears like an enthusiastic schoolboy band. :eek: A Lot of Crash and Boom, in your face.

The M2Tech is a Very refined performer. its 'House Sound" is completely different from even the current Gen 8 Theta DAC.

All the best in your hunt !

I have nothing to go on but browsing, but I believe that M2Tech is a company to be taken seriously.
I have a friend who has an M2Tech Young DAC and Palmer power supply which is 6 months old and in MINT Condition. PM me for his contact details ( He is based in Mumbai).
Do you mean has and is selling? Sounds like a great opportunity for someone who has just decided that they want one :)

The M2Tech is a Very refined performer. its 'House Sound" is completely different
Is it transparent? Or does it has a "flavour?" As you have listened (I suppose) to your friend's boxes, how about a [mini] review? :D

Hi Thad,

Yes, it is for sale. The friend is in Mumbai.

I have not heard the DAC in my setup, so cannot say anything definitively...

But, yes, the DAC is 'transparent' in the much used context, ie a detailed and slightly lean sound. The Theta is on the other end... a Big, slightly chesty and Boistrious sound.

I have learnt that its best to get a handle on the "House Sound' of a brand.

All products of that Brand usually share that 'House Sound."

Thanks. Love your Theta description, "Big, slightly chesty and Boistrious sound." I'm sure it gets the idea across better than some of the usual audio vocabulary :)

Some other options which are creating waves everywhere:

1) Benchmark DAC2 HGC $2000
2) Mytek Stereo-192 DSD $1600
3) Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 $1500
4) Chord Chordette QuteHD $1800

have nothing to go on but browsing, but I believe that M2Tech is a company to be taken seriously.
11.gif

I'm sure I heard that somewhere before :cool:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back