Planning to upgrade my speakers

pushkarajd

I am planning to upgrade my Q-acoustics 3010i which are currently paired with my Marantz SR-6012.

Two of the brands which I have shortlisted are B&W 607 and Martin Logan ESL 9. Anyone has any experience or feedback on these speakers. Also, any other speakers that anyone would suggest in a price range of around 50k to 70k.

Thanks.

I am planning to upgrade my Q-acoustics 3010i which are currently paired with my Marantz SR-6012.

Two of the brands which I have shortlisted are B&W 607 and Martin Logan ESL 9. Anyone has any experience or feedback on these speakers. Also, any other speakers that anyone would suggest in a price range of around 50k to 70k.

Thanks.
You will also need a better amp to drive speakers.
Are you ready for upgrade in future ?

Thanks.

I'd recommend these...

If you'd like to go back to Q Acoustics then

Thanks.
You seem to be on a boat which reads, buying expensive stuff is going to sound better. I’m not saying brands are ripping us and producing speakers which do nothing great, I’d say from home theater perspective, these speakers don’t make sense unless you have a dedicated theater room with 4K-10k cubic feet of seating. Things that are missing from regular home theaters are power conditioners, Multiple subs (minimum 4), Acoustic treatment, different separator (processor) and amplifier.
if you check all these boxes, firstly I’m jealous and then you can expect a great amount of sound improvement. Unless that’s the case, I’d keep my money safe and look for options which don’t burn a hole in your pocket while delivering close to the sound these do. Simple test, go to their exclusive demo rooms which are heavily treated and utilize nad amp etc in 2 channel mode. Now go to local reseller/distributor and hear him go with the same speakers using a Yamaha 2 channel amp. You’ll jump at the difference. Now from the reseller reduce your home acoustic performance by easy 10-20% and another 10% if you’re not running a calibration test with professional equipment and suddenly you’ll find the expensive speakers sounding very flat and boring you. Just my 2 cents.

You seem to be on a boat which reads, buying expensive stuff is going to sound better. I’m not saying brands are ripping us and producing speakers which do nothing great, I’d say from home theater perspective, these speakers don’t make sense unless you have a dedicated theater room with 4K-10k cubic feet of seating. Things that are missing from regular home theaters are power conditioners, Multiple subs (minimum 4), Acoustic treatment, different separator (processor) and amplifier.
if you check all these boxes, firstly I’m jealous and then you can expect a great amount of sound improvement. Unless that’s the case, I’d keep my money safe and look for options which don’t burn a hole in your pocket while delivering close to the sound these do. Simple test, go to their exclusive demo rooms which are heavily treated and utilize nad amp etc in 2 channel mode. Now go to local reseller/distributor and hear him go with the same speakers using a Yamaha 2 channel amp. You’ll jump at the difference. Now from the reseller reduce your home acoustic performance by easy 10-20% and another 10% if you’re not running a calibration test with professional equipment and suddenly you’ll find the expensive speakers sounding very flat and boring you. Just my 2 cents.
A good speaker makes sense because even a low listening levels one gets better sound and better bass.

As far as multiple subs are concerned. With good skills one can attain near perfect bass response with a single Subwoofer at least for the primary listening position or even for the primary row.

I think I agree with prateekatasniya. It's not just about buying expensive stuff. I partially agree with Bhoot, but that doesn't mean that if you do not have 4k-10k space you will not get good results with good stuff. You can definitely achieve very good sound by placement of the speakers, which I believe is the most important point, although I do not deny that if you all the bells and whistles mentioned in Bhoot's post will definitely give you the most optimal output, but you can get very close to it by making use of whatever you have.

Still open for suggestions. I am also planning to visit the WhatHiFi Sound and Vision Show tobe held in Mumbai from 6-8th March. Will look for options there as well.

Thanks.
If you are into stereo, suggest you upgrade the amplfier. From av to 2 channel..

Thanks.
Why don't you consider Polk signature series or Q acoustics 3050.Can you tell me how happy you are with the Q acoustics 3010. Are you using it with a sub?

Back