plasma 42?

People from Bangalore..Pls let me know other good shops to look for plasmas.

Visit Modern World in Domlur (Old Airport Road) - I found them to have the best collection of Panasonic plasmas. When I last visited them 2-3 weeks back, they had C10, X10, S10, V10 & PY850 models on display. No other showrooms in Bangalore I visited (I visited many in last 2 months) had such range of Panasonic plasmas. More importantly, they are one of the very rare showrooms who promote Pana plasmas. Koramangala Pana showroom is absolute crap - both in terms of the price they offer and also the models they display & stock.

The Panasonic Brandshop ( Koramangala ) quoted 42K for 42C10 with exchange of 29" Flat TV. I believe this price is high!!
The prices I listed atleast give you an idea of the possible prices , which should help in negotiating a better, if not the same, price.

Between C10 and X10 - As per the spec both of these use the same panel, the only difference being the Anti glare filter. Am I right here?

Is the 6K price difference between C10 and X10 justified ?
Yes, both models use the same panel. There are primarily two differences between the two models. First, the X10 provides an 'third' HDMI input on the side of the TV. Second, The X10 can play 'AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG' via it's SD card reader, while C10 can only play 'JPEG'.
Whether the X10 is worth the extra 5K - 6K depends on your personal needs and priorities. In case you plan to wall mount the tv, the X10 gives you the flexibility of being able to easily connect cameras, camcorders, gaming consoles etc. Ofcourse having an extra HDMI input never hurts for future gadgets you might want to connect. If you have an AVCHD HD camcorder or plan to buy one in the futurew, then the X10s ability to play the AVCHD files directly from the SD card might be a good feature to have. But in case none of these things are important to you, then the C10 makes more sense for it will give you the same picture & sound quality as the X10.

Is the 6K price difference between C10 and X10 justified ?

well tht depends on the amount of light that will be falling on the tv...i faced the same question n bought the c10..coz for 6k even if thr was a lot of light i could get everything fixed for a lesser cost(curtains,change the position of room lights)
but i didn't have to..tata sky is fyn with lights on..n for movies i switch them off(would have done this even if i had a lcd..i just like them this way)
n moreover i wasn't sure if x10 would handle reflections a lot better...thr certainly was a difference but only to the extent tht reflections in x10 looked a lil blurred..bt they were vry much thr!
bt if u will be using the extra ports or playing movies via sd card thn by all means 6k is worth it!!

On the LH 90 try turning off the Tru 200hz motion. You should see some improvement though with increased blur/judder.

We truned off the 200HZ feature but it did not help. I wonder why people claim that their new tv displays breathless, beatiful,excellent ... images. I guess thats true only for Blu-Ray or hd content.

We truned off the 200HZ feature but it did not help. I wonder why people claim that their new tv displays breathless, beatiful,excellent ... images. I guess thats true only for Blu-Ray or hd content.

Yes those words can be applied to only HD content sure. But my PV8 SD pictures are not at all bad.Tatasky pics are very very acceptable and DVD pics are excellent.

cheers,
sri

Panasonic Plasma V10

Some of us have bought plasma tv in recent times. Did any one have the opportunity to demo the pansonic 50V10 at showrooms?

I spent good amount of time audition-ing the Pana V10 & also the older PY850D models (both 50) in Modern World (Domlur). I found both amazing in terms of picture quality, especially contrast/ black-levels SD (TataSky) looked good, DVDs and BDs were out-of-the-world, the best I have ever seen in any display (in India). They quoted 1.35 L for V10 and 1.25 L for the PY850, but these were the 1st quotes and might have come down by 5-10k if I had decided on one of these models and bargained. Power consumption (about 550W for both models) may be a little bit of a worry for some. A colleague of mine had bought the PY850 from there and he is very happy with it.

I spent good amount of time audition-ing the Pana V10 & also the older PY850D models (both 50) in Modern World (Domlur). I found both amazing in terms of picture quality, especially contrast/ black-levels SD (TataSky) looked good, DVDs and BDs were out-of-the-world, the best I have ever seen in any display (in India). They quoted 1.35 L for V10 and 1.25 L for the PY850, but these were the 1st quotes and might have come down by 5-10k if I had decided on one of these models and bargained. Power consumption (about 550W for both models) may be a little bit of a worry for some. A colleague of mine had bought the PY850 from there and he is very happy with it.

why plasma tvs consume more power then lcd,s?

Did you get your SL90?
Whats the initial review?

Blasto,
As mentioned in the other thread, I will get the 47SL90 only by month-end, i.e sometime next week-end. BTW, did you get a chance to look at the SL90?
Congrats on your new B450 Samsung Plasma!

Nope.. No stock in store when in store to buy my TV.. :) (Actually did not arrive at the store at all)

Also got the new TV and spending time with it, not sure I will be visiting the TV stores for a few weeks now.. :D

Don't want to catch the upgrade fever yet.. :eek:hyeah:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back