Plasma burn-in FAQs

pannags

Hi Fellow HFVians,

Thanks to hundreds of reviews and analysis and the resulting increase in awareness, I see more and more amateur videophiles turning to Plasma.

While the advantages have been discussed over and over again, one issue that remains a concern is the burn-in-syndrome (like I would prefer to call it) that affects potential owners more than the panel itself :D

For the benefit of all the slightly, but nevertheless confused ones, can we have simple answers for the below?

1. My new PDP has just arrived home and been installed. Can I start viewing video content right away?

2. How long does it take for burn-in to complete?

3. What settings do I have to strictly adhere to, till the burn-in period elapses?

4. What is the benefit of running burn-in slides? Is it mandatory to do so? What are the effects of not doing so?

5. Is there any impact on warranty for not following the required precautions in the during the burn-in?

6. Can I use my PDP like an LCD, after the burn-in period?

For all you experts out there, please share your gyaan. And of course, feel free to add more questions (and answers as well).

Thanks very much.

congratulations....!!!

What is the PDP model?...Now-a-days companies have come up with anti-burn in mechanisms....

Samsung....1) pixel shift; 2)screen saver etc.....
It should not be a big problem but as members suggested please stick to the basics:
1) avoid black lines on the edges for long time viewing i.e watch only full screen content 16:9
2) keep picture setting levels i.e color, contrast etc equal to or below 40. (as the phosphors will need some time to adjust for optimum glow)
3) avoid using still image for more than 20min on screen.

I've got Samsung PS43D490 and I am now crossing the first few hrs barrier. But the anti burn in mechanism is a real good option in the new PDPs. I had connected to my Laptop too for movie viewing.....

Forgot to mention.....no manufacturer covers burn-in warranty......check the manual!!!

Hi,

Good information were give by our "Madbulram" in the below thread. Unfortunately it is not sticked... However as per present members opinion who bought latest models claims that no burn-in period is required and they have not experience IR. However better to take precaution and nothing wrong with that.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/4081-plasma-tv-settings-facts.html

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back