Playing 3D content on LG Cinema 3D.

arinjay

Dear all,
I recently bought a new LG cinema 3D TV. I would like to know some sites where I can download 3D video and test the effectiveness of my new 3D TV. I dont have a Blu-Ray player yet so would like to play it either from my laptop or a USB stick.

Thanks,
Arinjay

Dear all,
I recently bought a new LG cinema 3D TV. I would like to know some sites where I can download 3D video and test the effectiveness of my new 3D TV. I dont have a Blu-Ray player yet so would like to play it either from my laptop or a USB stick.

Thanks,
Arinjay

Your supplier should have given you an 8 GB pendrive with 3-D content.

Regds

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the supplier hasnt provided any USB stick with 3D content. So I need to look for some other option.

Another question I have is whether the 3D effect will be same as observed when playing the content using a Blu-Ray player. My concern do I need to invest in a Blu-Ray player or USB or laptop is sufficient for playing 3D videos and getting the same effect.

Thanks,
Arinjay

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the supplier hasnt provided any USB stick with 3D content. So I need to look for some other option.

Another question I have is whether the 3D effect will be same as observed when playing the content using a Blu-Ray player. My concern do I need to invest in a Blu-Ray player or USB or laptop is sufficient for playing 3D videos and getting the same effect.

Thanks,
Arinjay

The pendrive content was in 720p (mkv) while I am able to get full HD
video from my 3D BDs. Also, you get HD audio from the BDs while only
DD 5.1 from the pendrive (if u connect your TV's optical out to an AVR).

Regds

The pendrive content was in 720p (mkv) while I am able to get full HD
video from my 3D BDs. Also, you get HD audio from the BDs while only
DD 5.1 from the pendrive (if u connect your TV's optical out to an AVR).

Regds

I believe the newer 3D TV's would have ARC(audio Return Channel) as the HDMI specification would be 1.4 (3d) and in that case you'll be able to achieve HD audio from your TV to the receiver. If you do not want to invest in a Blu ray right now it should be OK, as you can still play the Half-SBS 3D videos through your pen drive. 720p or 1080p depends on the video bit rate that you are playing through your USB and not limited by the TV itself.

Don't be lazy and search for 3D trailers in google and you'll find a lot of downloads available for testing : List ot stereoscopic 3D Movie trailers for download - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

guys question is there any different in playing with pendrive 3d sbs & with blueray player.
3d quality will be same or different.

guys question is there any different in playing with pendrive 3d sbs & with blueray player.

Quality varies based on your taste. Some will find it acceptable, some fine and some inferior. 3D half-SBS is something you would compromise over a full stereoscopic playback through a Blu-ray. Just like mp3 is a compromise over a full bit rate audio CD playback, but then its more practical. If you can afford a Blu ray player and moreover the 3D Bluray's, then you should not look back at any other thing. If you are looking for alternatives, then you will have to compromise on the quality. Better borrow a Blu ray and see the difference yourself and then decide.

You need to understand that Bluray 3D is a different format and SBS 3D is different format. SBS 3D though inferior to Bluray (Frame Sequential), is more compatible, as can be played with any media player/PC/Laptop. Where as frame sequential can only be played by 3D BD Players or Media players who have that capability.

So if you are playing an SBS from a pendive or burn the same SBS on a Bluray, it is essentially the same SBS 3D, so would not make any difference.

However if you are comparing SBS with Bluray sequential format, ofcourse Bluray would be much better.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back