Playing With Spikes!

chiraghbir

Hello Guys

I got PSB X2T towers around 7 months back.

They came in with plastic spikes about 1.25inch.

I feel the bass is too boomy and was thinking to replace with Alu,minum/ Stainless Steel ones with slightly longer ones.

Is it worth testing or i should just stick to the ones i have currently.

Thanks

Hello Guys

I got PSB X2T towers around 7 months back.

They came in with plastic spikes about 1.25inch.

I feel the bass is too boomy and was thinking to replace with Alu,minum/ Stainless Steel ones with slightly longer ones.

Is it worth testing or i should just stick to the ones i have currently.

Thanks
Boomy bass can be due to many issues not just the spikes. Try keeping them away from the side and back walls, try covering ports one by one and keep a doormat under the existing feet. See which of the above has the most favorable impact.

Spikes does make quite a difference in sound. But with the current plastic spikes start playing with the placement. Move the speakers away from the wall( if you have not done that yet) .
cheers

am playing with placement of the speakers though and it has improved a lot .. with ports i will check
Boomy bass can be due to many issues not just the spikes. Try keeping them away from the side and back walls, try covering ports one by one and keep a doormat under the existing feet. See which of the above has the most favorable impact.

Try without spike first and observe how Bass sounds.Since speakers will be firm on ground, bass can be better. You can try Rubber mat below speakers to reduce ground vibrations if any. Then you can get better spikes.

Back