Playlist from USB on Marantz cd 6006

Nitin K

Hi Friends,

Just got the cd 6006 UK edition. Prior to this whenever I use to play songs from the pioneer bdp 180 bluray player via usb, the list of songs on the pendrive would get displayed on the TV which I don't get on the cd 6006. I have tried the optical & RCA connections from the cd player to the receiver but I don't get any playlist of tracks on the pendrive nor the track number of the CD being played though the volume status of the receiver gets displayed. The playlist display is useful to me when I want to go directly to a particular track since there are many songs.
Is it because the Pioneer BDP is connected to the receiver through HDMI due to which the playlist on the pen drive gets displayed ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have tried the optical & RCA connections from the cd player to the receiver but I don't get any playlist though the volume status of the receiver gets displayed.

RCA connections will NOT send metadata about track title, album name, artist, etc. They will carry only the song itself. Optical may or may not carry metadata that the connected DAC can read and display, provided the metadata is as per the standards for the file format being played (for example, MP3 has a very specific metadata format which must be followed while compressing a track from the original wav file to MP3).

USB port on a CD player is a convenience feature. A CD player's primary function is to play Red Book audio CDs.

A Bluray player's primary function is to send video info to a display unit, so you can see a visual display of the file/tree structure on a connected TV.

You're probably expecting a bit too much from your new CDP :)

RCA connections will NOT send metadata about track title, album name, artist, etc. They will carry only the song itself. Optical may or may not carry metadata that the connected DAC can read and display, provided the metadata is as per the standards for the file format being played (for example, MP3 has a very specific metadata format which must be followed while compressing a track from the original wav file to MP3).

USB port on a CD player is a convenience feature. A CD player's primary function is to play Red Book audio CDs.

A Bluray player's primary function is to send video info to a display unit, so you can see a visual display of the file/tree structure on a connected TV.

You're probably expecting a bit too much from your new CDP :)

Thanks Jls001, I guess I'll settle for that then:). I guess I got too used to playing tracks on the Bluray player. The main issue is that I cannot press a specific track no. on the usb. Only way to go to the particular track is to skip , skip till I reach the intended track. For cd playback it works though. I use both modes a lot. The CDP sounds much warmer, musical & punchy compared to the BDP . Thanks once again.

Last edited:
A bit off the topic, can you fast forward a track on the CD6006 ( say by a few seconds or something)?

A bit off the topic, can you fast forward a track on the CD6006 ( say by a few seconds or something)?

No Mayank, there seems to be no fast forward button on the CD 6006, only skip button. Another feature that I miss from my 20 year old Pioneer pds 802 player is the open/close tray button but that can be overlooked. I have attached the pic of the remote.

Attachments

• CD_6006_remote.jpg
    CD_6006_remote.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 6
Marantz cd6006 supports fast forward very well but the only problem is that the remote control does not have the buttons. Im using my arcam remote to enable that feature. And so the open/close Cheers.

Marantz cd6006 supports fast forward very well but the only problem is that the remote control does not have the buttons. Im using my arcam remote to enable that feature. And so the open/close Cheers.

Hi Vinothkumar,
Fast Forward is supported via Logitech Remote ; you need to hold pressing the Skip button for a while when it fast forwards; instead of skipping to the next track

I have a pioneer bdp 180 remote. Is there any possibility of enabling FF & open/close functions & how does one do it . Thanks.

Is there any way that songs name is displayed instead of Track no.?
Car CDP has that option to show track no or song name on its display.That may help to choose song.

Is there any way that songs name is displayed instead of Track no.?
Car CDP has that option to show track no or song name on its display.That may help to choose song.

The weird part is that the track no. & the song name gets displayed on the players display not on the TV though while playing from the pen drive. But when you press any track no. on the remote it does not respond & continues playing the current track. On my drive there is a big collection of songs & instrumentals so I have to skip sequentially.
On a cd it responds the way it should.

No Mayank, there seems to be no fast forward button on the CD 6006, only skip button. Another feature that I miss from my 20 year old Pioneer pds 802 player is the open/close tray button but that can be overlooked. I have attached the pic of the remote.
This seems to be a step back in terms of utility that Marantz has taken :( . The remote layout that you shared appears to be similar to what they ship with PM series amplifiers. My CD6004 remote (as below) has the track seek as well as folder toggle button, using which we can easily browse and play/fast forward track from a USB drive.
1572504533717.png

A workaround for you: If you are using iPhone/iPod/iPad, you can connect using the lightning to USB cable to the Marantz CD as it supports USB docking and relinquishes control to the mobile device (basic functionality for track change/play/pause/stop works on the remote). You can transfer your songs to the device converted to ALAC/AIFF format and also can be used to stream from apps installed on the device, adding a streaming functionality to the CD player.

This seems to be a step back in terms of utility that Marantz has taken :( . The remote layout that you shared appears to be similar to what they ship with PM series amplifiers. My CD6004 remote (as below) has the track seek as well as folder toggle button, using which we can easily browse and play/fast forward track from a USB drive.
View attachment 40889

A workaround for you: If you are using iPhone/iPod/iPad, you can connect using the lightning to USB cable to the Marantz CD as it supports USB docking and relinquishes control to the mobile device (basic functionality for track change/play/pause/stop works on the remote). You can transfer your songs to the device converted to ALAC/AIFF format and also can be used to stream from apps installed on the device, adding a streaming functionality to the CD player.

Thanks for the work around Sandeep. It is indeed a step behind. Don't understand the logic of junking basic functions which people are use to. One good thing is that it controls both the receiver & the player though.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back