Playstation 3: Hackers Make PS3 Root Key Public

I have a basic question with this root key being revealed

1. How do I install the Linux in my PS3?
2. How do I make the PS3 region free player so that I can play any region bluray.

I think I am so blatant in asking but as a User of PS3 , unless this is done at the user level, its of no use to me.
Could someone give pointers in this or direct me to the information in the net.

What are you planning to do after installing linux on your play station?

Once they releases the custom firware 3.55 with more features, the region unlock will be one of the feature.

What are you planning to do after installing linux on your play station?

Once they releases the custom firware 3.55 with more features, the region unlock will be one of the feature.

Which I'm guessing would be both for BD and for DVD. They can't change things that easily, now, from what I understand. Sony is screwed for good, as far as the PS3 is concerned, I'm afraid. Serves them right. If that BD/DVD region hack becomes a reality, then I can see sales of other players going out the window. I mean, why buy an unhackable player when one can buy a hack'd and crack'd PS3?

Last edited:
Are you sure this can be done with firmware without any hardware mod ? :licklips:

Pretty much so.

With Sony's private key, one can sign pretty much any unauthorised code to the console, thereby authenticating/authorising the code. And there's NOTHING Sony can do about it. :lol:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back