please clear one question??

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

manu4panjab

brothers today i have tried crawl technique for subwoofer placement(as it is my first time ever with this kind of technique) and i found that my sub sounds great(better than its older position) on back wall at right side with 2feet from side wall space and now my question is as i have only done bass traps on front wall corners is there any change in bass sound now as very liitle bass trap is on back wall corners ( only one bass trap on back wall to ceiling corner),please reply i'm waiting

Last edited:

qoolss

manu,

bass traps are meant for all the corners in a room. it should be from floor to ceiling level.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

vinod_david

Never make a room accoustically dead, that's the least we can do to kill the sound quality, bad practice actually. SQ in a dead room is boring, lifeless, flat.

A good listening room/HT should have some reflections for a more enjoyable listen.

:)

manu4panjab

Never make a room accoustically dead, that's the least we can do to kill the sound quality, bad practice actually. SQ in a dead room is boring, lifeless, flat.

A good listening room/HT should have some reflections for a more enjoyable listen.

:)

thanks bhai can we carpert whole floor or not does it make room dead

mandeep

+1 to what qoolss, vinod_david said , as shown in the picture below
LEDE-room6.gif

The source end of the room should generally have a greater amount of absorption materials to minimize the powerful and harmful early reflections that color/distort the direct sound from the monitors/front speakers. And there should be less absorption materials at the receive end/rear end of the room creates a live-end that retains the rooms natural ambiance.

manu4panjab

+1 to what qoolss, vinod_david said , as shown in the picture below
LEDE-room6.gif

The source end of the room should generally have a greater amount of absorption materials to minimize the powerful and harmful early reflections that color/distort the direct sound from the monitors/front speakers. And there should be less absorption materials at the receive end/rear end of the room creates a live-end that retains the rooms natural ambiance.

got it and what about ceiling do we use diffusers or absorption panel

BLASTO

-- Off topic --

Can you please name your threads meaningfully so that ones who are interested and have knowledge only can view the thread and give comments?

captrajesh

Staff member
-- Off topic --

Can you please name your threads meaningfully so that ones who are interested and have knowledge only can view the thread and give comments?

Year that's a good suggestion. Infact, I suggest to the moderator that he categorise all threads under certain groups.