please give me reviews on Samsung 37C550

ftp1234

Hello folks,
My first post here. Pardon me for any errors.

I am looking to buy an LCD (Sony or Samsung). I went to ezone in bangalore today. I saw Samsung 37C550 being sold for 39750 (usually selling for 49K). The sales person said he sold 14 of them and only 3 pieces remain. I take that with a pinch of salt, but from other data about other models, I think he may be right.

Please tell me your views on this particular samsung model. I think its a very good deal. I was initially planning to buy 32", as I didn't want to spend the extra 20K+ on 40".

My thoughts and observations
1. I went looking for Sony 32EX300 (768p) selling for 29K but it was OOS.
2. So I started looking at 32EX400 (1080p), which my friend has, and it was priced 34K
3. Thats when I saw this 37C550 (which has ethernet port, and wi-fi capability if you get samsung usb dongle, as extra compared to C530 models)

My apprehension
1. There was a 40C530 on display above 37C550. With exact same settings, the white color on 37C550 looked a shade dusty. I could not tell difference in other colors. I asked the sales guy, he said its due to they being at different heights on the wall (I don't buy that explanation) I would have almost bought the 37C550 if not for this very noticeable difference.
Both being series 5, same color engine etc(except for size of screen and ethernet port), why the difference? Are there any known issues with 37C550 model, or its just my false perception?
2. Then I again went back to Sony 32EX400 and there was almost 20 second delay in getting picture settings menu from the remote. The sales guy had no explanation. (The same model in croma had no such issues)

So I am thinking if ezone display models were damaged (the sony and samsung). Else, why these quirks?

Please advise on Samsung 37C550 model.

Hi ftp,

I went to Future group shop, i too saw the same offer and i am tempted to buy it, but at the same time i am in dilemma. Because the model name generally is XX37C550, the first two letters tell about the technology. In the discounted one they didn't specify those two letters. So i am very skeptical of it.
Do let me know if u have more info on that, i too will do the same.
u can reach me @ 974 --0066--767

Regards,
Greyhound.

@greyhound, I went to ezone, hypercity in bangalore and they were sold out. Only way to get the price was to pay and wait for 15 days to get it from samsung factory. So i gave up. I was not willing to take that risk.

I went to Croma and purchased Samsung LA32C530. Got it for 34K.
May not be the best deal, but I guess prices for 32" full HD have come down by 2-3K. (EX400 was selling for 34K)
I was in dilemma against Sony EX400, EX300 and samsung LA32C450

(I didn't really care about full hd for the size of 32", but found the picture quality of series 5 better than series 4.
And samsung won over sony because of more formats from USB drive)

Hope the TV arrives soon and makes me happy :)

thanks

It's an amazing buy. I bought it around 3 months back and did all sorts of experiments on it :D. I got it at around 48 k from the CSD canteen :yahoo:

Considering the price value proposition it is a must buy for all those looking to buy a big screen lcd

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back