Please help - Buying 40" LED TV

bapukale

Hi,

I always wanted to buy Sony LED 32", while researching came to know abt this site. Here I realised for my viewing distance 15 Feets I need to buy 40"-42" LED else I might have bought 32" and repented later :-( .. but thanks to all of you.

I need your valued input for the below 4 models

1) Croma 42 Inch LED coming for 40k
2) Vu 40 Inch LED coming for 40k
3) Soni 40EX430 & Samsung 40F5100 but coming for 55k.

Warranty
1) Croma comes with 2 years + 2 Years extended
2) rest all comes with 1 Year + croma 2 year extended warranty

I really want to get for the value for money at same time good PQ.

Request you to please guide me in this buying process as spending 40-55k is very big thing for me.

Regards,
Bapu.

Hi,

if budget is a concern, why cant you look at toshiba,panasonic also. They are well tested than a videocon or croma stuff and sold worldwide. Im sure you will get LED within 40 to 45K. You can get 2012 models at good price point. Eg: is the Toshiba 40PS10 or PS20.

If you are going for plasma, then 40K u wull get surely.

HG

Hi have a look at philips leds.Look for 42 inch 6357 model.The pic quality is very good.But you need to bargain to get a good price.42 INCH retails at nearly at 47k in Indiaplaza.com.

Here I realised for my viewing distance 15 Feets I need to buy 40"-42" LED else I might have bought 32" and repented later :-( .. but thanks to all of you.

Trust me. for 15 feet 40" will be repenting too. You should get bigger (at least 46") I would suggest get bigger size in your budget. Toshiba 46PS20 fits you perfectly.

Trust me. for 15 feet 40" will be repenting too. You should get bigger (at least 46") I would suggest get bigger size in your budget. Toshiba 46PS20 fits you perfectly.

I agree , from 15 ft viewing distance , 32 will appear small, u shud minimum go for 46/47 ... It is worth it, to enjoy ur set...

My recommendations based on viewing distances:

< 6': 32~40"
6' to 8': 42"
8' to 12': 50~55"
> 12': 60"+

Obviously, there is something known as "budget" which will also be a deciding factor. But I will say, try to get as big a size as possible. Think of plasma which will give larger size for less cost, e.g. Panasonic 50UT50 or Samsung 51E550. They may be out of budget right now but stretch yourself right now. Or think at least a 46" LED.

p.s. By stretching, you will have longer arms and you will be able to pat your own back later. :lol:

Last edited:
15ft viewing distance............should get at least 50inches!!! I sit at 6-8ft for my 50inch plasma. Please rethink, do not go for 40inches and 32inches is a joke!!!

At 15 feet..U need atleast 46" LED..I am using 40 inch Led for around 10- 11 Feet...I think i should have gone the 50" plasma way..If possible go for Plasma..For SD inputs the non-uniform image throughout the panel will be glaring..For HD it is not quite noticeable..Plus there this is this edge bleeding..Believe me..for pic quality go for plasma..

+1 to redisco
you can never get enough of size...........bigger the better. Go for the biggest screen size your budget allows. Plasma gives the best price vs performance, so do consider that as well.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back