Please help- HTiB recommendation

mani234

Hi

I am planning to buy a HTIB (complete package 5.1/7.1/Blu Ray). I will be fitting it to a 3d LED 55" Samsung TV. My budget is Rs 75K, a little over would be fine.
Mostly would be using for watching movies.

I just need to know the best models out there in Denon/Bose/Yamaha etc for this budget. (After reading through the forums, I found that HTiB is not much favoured. But still I prefer HTiB rather than going to different brands for different components. )
(I might ask a relative to buy and bring it from US, so please recommend models available in US also).

Thanks

I was looking into few HTib but stumbled upon the following combo.

Samsung BD-C6500
Denon AVR-1911
Polk Audio TL150 Speaker (5-pack)

Is the above configuration a good bet for watching movies?
Is there a better HTiB for the same budget?

Thanks

PS - I am planning to buy all these in US. So what are the things i need in order to make it work in India?
I mean regarding the DVD region issue, Voltage issue etc?

issues
1.warranty . no warranty
2.voltage, u have to use a voltage converter
3.region lockked. u have modd to make it region free

Hi

I am planning to buy a HTIB (complete package 5.1/7.1/Blu Ray). I will be fitting it to a 3d LED 55" Samsung TV. My budget is Rs 75K, a little over would be fine.
Mostly would be using for watching movies.

I just need to know the best models out there in Denon/Bose/Yamaha etc for this budget. (After reading through the forums, I found that HTiB is not much favoured. But still I prefer HTiB rather than going to different brands for different components. )
(I might ask a relative to buy and bring it from US, so please recommend models available in US also).

Thanks

Glad that you understood separate components perform better then HTIB. If you still want to go for HTIB for 75K, you can look @ Onkyo HTS9100 HTIB.

But i would suggest build your HT since you have a very good budget.

If you want to go for a HTiB, blindly go for Q Acoustics or Monitor Audio.

Spend 20-30k on your receiver, Harman Kardon or Marantz.

Actually, you can get a full fledged 5.1 setup in your budget, then why should you buy a HTiB?

20k Harman Kardon AVR 134

REMAINING 60k
20k Wharfedale SW150 sub
REMAINING 40k
7k Wharf center
REMAINING 33k
Wharfedale 9.2
REMAINING 19k
Wharfedale 9.1
REMAINING 8k

So within 72k you are done

spend the rest on a blu ray player, cables etc. will be 80-85k total

Thanks techboy...mmm will checkout wharfedale...

Yesterday I went to my friends house and he had the BOSE Lifestyle V35 home entertainment system. We watched the movie black hawk down. WOW I was impressed with it. It was excellent I just loved it. Was researching few more options in net and came up with these combo? are they good? (I know there is a huge Anti BOSE stand in majority of the forums/members but still want ur genuine opinion).

1)
Lifestyle V35 home entertainment system+Samsung BD-C7900
(I was really blown away by this system)
or

2)
Acoustimass 10 speaker system+ Onkyo TX-SR608+Samsung BDC7900

or

3)
Onkyo HT-S9300THX

I am insisting more on a HTiB bcoz if the system is bought in US, it wud be much easier if it is in a complete single box. It wud not cause hassle for them to unpack and then pack them to single box etc and bring it. (The fact they agreed to bring the package even if its extra luggage itself is great help, I wudnt want them to keep unpacking several boxes and packing them up to a single box.Thats the reason I am looking for HTiB. I Know Iam not getting the full worth of an assembled package. )

Thanks

Last edited:
For 75K, no one would suggest HTiB, infact even for 40-50 people go for seperate combos ........ 75k is a good investment, why go for HTiB just for the reason it would come in one package. You can buy separate and pack it in one combi as well. (just some extra effort required, which I am sure is worth)

For movies Wharfs are not usually suggested, neither is Marantz for AVR. I would suggest to give a shot to JAMO, Mordaunt Short or DALI. With JAMO I am sure you would find a decent package under 75K. For AVR look no further than DENON or ONKYO or SONY, which even fits the budget. One thing even if your budget overshoots to a thousand or so, you would be far satisfied as a consumer with the package than any HTiB, for the same price .....

I would suggest Q Acoustics within this budget. Or perhaps Monitor Audio if you could extend your budget a bit.

You can also get Polk Audio Monitor 50 $200/pair x 2 Polk Center $150 Wharfedale SW150 $400

$1000 for your speaker system.

Another $500 on the AVR, perhaps Onkyo SR608.

And the remaining on a blu ray player.

Total 70-80k

Thanks for the advice guys.

WHich model AVR do u guys suggest? I shortlisted the following. Which wud be the better choice, or are there any better models?

Onkyo TX-NR808

DENON AVR-3311CI

Yamaha RX-V867

My budget is around $1000 for the AVR.

Thanks

If your budget is 75k for the home theater, then

25-30k AVR
35-45k Speakers
Remaining DVD Player

If your budget is 125k for the home theater, then

30-40k AVR
100k Speakers
Remaining DVD/Blu Ray Player

And personally, I would get the best Marantz or Harman Kardon or Cambridge Audio AVR I can afford along with a blu ray player. And for all these I wouldn't keep more than 40-50k assuming that my budget for the speakers is around 1L.

Yesterday I went to my friends house and he had the BOSE Lifestyle V35 home entertainment system. We watched the movie black hawk down. WOW I was impressed with it. It was excellent I just loved it. Was researching few more options in net and came up with these combo? are they good? (I know there is a huge Anti BOSE stand in majority of the forums/members but still want ur genuine opinion).

One of my principal advice is to tell people to trust their own ears. If you liked Bose, irrespective of what members say here, go for it. But do audition a few speaker set. While auditioning, make notes. At the end, buy what your ears liked best.

Cheers

BOSE is good, no doubt but at what price??? ....see the thing is that most of people's ear do find a comparable sound to BOSE but at a relatively much lesser price, and hence the anti BOSE thingi.. :) ......... Dont just go for the very first thing you hear......audition others as well, take your time and then decide .....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back