please help make a choice

hillfingerr

hello friends,

please help me make a decision as I am not very familiar with the all the audio world jargon and technical details.

I have these 2 options :

1. Pioneer HTP-074(B) 5.1 Home Cinema System with AV Receiver and Speaker Set (100 Watt/Channel, Multiroom, Dolby TrueHD, Bluetooth, Radio, Front USB/Audio in, Eco Mode), Black

2. Onkyo HT-S3910(B) 5.1 Home Cinema System with AV Receiver and Speakers (155W/ch, 4K UltraHD Lead Through, Dolby Atmos, DTS: X-Playback, Bluetooth, Hi-Res Audio, Advanced Music Optimizer), Black

any explanation to why one is better than the other, coming from personal experience or simply by just having a good understanding of this area of expertise would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

What is your total budget? More details about your room and usage will help Fm's to guide you better

Living room, 18 square meters

Maximum budget is the price of the most expensive one of the 2 options, I am not interested in other proposals, just simply want to know which of the 2 is better and why...

Living room, 18 square meters

Maximum budget is the price of the most expensive one of the 2 options, I am not interested in other proposals, just simply want to know which of the 2 is better and why...

Take the onkyo system....it has better specs over the Pioneer....although both are just entry level systems....audition before purchase....if you cant...see some youtube videos.....why not consider Yamaha?

Onkyo seems to support dolby vision. Atmos and dts x isn't going to be of any use as it only supports in a 3.1.2 configuration. Keeping these facts in mind i will go for pioneer.

hmmm, this is a very interesting detail you noticed. so even if it says it is a 5.1 Chanel sound system it is in fact only 3.1.2 ?

hmmm, this is a very interesting detail you noticed. so even if it says it is a 5.1 Chanel sound system it is in fact only 3.1.2 ?
It is a 5.1 system. But if you want atmos the lay out should be 3.1.2 meaning Front LCR and overhead or front heights.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back