Please help me select an amp / 5.1 combo for my TV!!

trivisingh

Hello Friends,

Well I just got a new Samsung LED TV and I will be getting an Alienware Laptop soon to use as a Blu-Ray Source for my TV. I also have the Western Digital HD TV for playing Hi-Def media files. Now since I have spent a lot on this stuff, I am left with a small budget (around 30k) to setup the sound system i.e. an amp and 5.1 speaker set. I have had a look at HTiBs from Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha but was just wondering if there is something better within my budget?

Also, can I decode the Blu-ray Hi-Def Audio on my laptop itself and pass it onto the amp as analogue outs? If so, then I dont really need to buy a very feature rich amp, right? So maybe I can just buy a cheaper amp with better speakers. So can anyone suggest a good home theatre package for me?

Thanks

Also, can I decode the Blu-ray Hi-Def Audio on my laptop itself and pass it onto the amp as analogue outs? If so, then I dont really need to buy a very feature rich amp, right? So maybe I can just buy a cheaper amp with better speakers. So can anyone suggest a good home theatre package for me?

Thanks

Check with laptop configuration an supplied software specs. I believe, it may have support to pass Hi-Def Audio over HDMI port itself. If not, you may explore how to plug external sound card ( check on creative website) to drive out the audio Hi-Def or 7.1 audio.

Congrats on your purchases but that's a tough ask man! You could get a basic amp and maybe a cheap sat/sub set in that budget but I doubt you'll be happy with the result. Try a yamaha htib or wait and let your budget expand like many of us! :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back