Please help (P42G10)

Pugnate

Guys,

I am in Pakistan, and I got the TH-P42G10R a few days ago.

The plasma is pretty good, and I am breaking it in by setting contrast and brightness to near zero, color at 10, and have set it to the cartoon network with the logo zoomed out (yes we do get cartoon network here... :p)

Anyway, hope I am doing in the break-in thing right, but that's not what I am posting about.

The problem is that I bought this TV over significantly cheaper as well as other significantly larger models and similarly priced models, because it was advertised as full HD.

Problem is that neither my Xbox 360, nor my PS3 are running at full HD. The best I can get out is 1080i, which is in many ways behind 720p! When I run at 1080p, the screen flickers like mad. It is nothing to do with the HDMI cable, as I've tried several, without success.

As a result, I can't play blu-ray movies on my PS3 at full HD. Again, frustrating.

I understand there is a firmware update out for the UK and the EU which fixes the issue.

Unfortunately, those won't work for me.

I realize there was a P42G10 panel update on the Panasonic website, but that has been long since taken down.

I am really desperate here.

If someone could get me a working link or that 42G10_Panel_Update.exe file, I would be SO happy.

Thanks neighbors. :)

Salaam. Why don't you talk to Panasonic directly? They should help you since you purchased a new set with warranty (right?)

Also, did you try searching through archived models on the website?

Dude, I did talk to Panasonic here directly (from whom I bought directly), but they seem to have trouble accepting there is an issue. :)

Oh well.

I don't know what system for customer care you have in Pakistan, but call the service center (or whatever Panasonic rep.) directly and report the problem.

Even if someone can give you a link here - I'm not sure whether it's the best idea to load it to your TV directly. You don't want to be left with a dud if the software is different from what your TV needs or something isn't compatible.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back