Please Suggest - 40 Inch+Direct LED+Optical Audio Out TV

Almost all TVs these days have optical out and I am not sure what Direct LED means!

Any specific reason u looking for Direct LED over Edge LED?

Direct LED gives deeper dark, i.e. very high contrast ratio as compare to EDGE LED.

Because in edge led tv, leds are only on edges, but for direct LED, leds are al over back of IPS panel, so if we want a dark circle on any place, led on that specific place will be turned off, and it will give deeper dark.

Generally, higher models always have Direct LED, only on lower range we see EDGE leds.

Direct LED gives deeper dark, i.e. very high contrast ratio as compare to EDGE LED.

Because in edge led tv, leds are only on edges, but for direct LED, leds are al over back of IPS panel, so if we want a dark circle on any place, led on that specific place will be turned off, and it will give deeper dark.

Generally, higher models always have Direct LED, only on lower range we see EDGE leds.

The part that you are referring to as turning off LED in one specific place is "Local Dimming".. These are the advanced LCD-LED TV's on market...

What you get in lower models are Direct LED/Edge LED without local dimming... So almost negligible difference....

Expensive range also have Direct LED/Edge LED with "Local Dimming"....

First, do not get too technical about these things. start searching for picture quality rather than to chase technical specifications.

First of All, IPS panels by itself have poor contrast ratio whether it is edge lit or direct lit with multiple local dimming Zone.

There are many Edge lit LED Tvs beating the hell out of direct lit Tvs with local dimming

Many direct lit LED-LCD Tvs do not even have a local feature. And,... whats with optical out for ?

First, do not get too technical about these things. start searching for picture quality rather than to chase technical specifications.

First of All, IPS panels by itself have poor contrast ratio whether it is edge lit or direct lit with multiple local dimming Zone.

There are many Edge lit LED Tvs beating the hell out of direct lit Tvs with local dimming

Many direct lit LED-LCD Tvs do not even have a local feature. And,... whats with optical out for ?

I will connect the optical out to my Sterep AMP :)

Optical outs are near obsolete. Use ARC enabled HDMI outs and use convertor.

Something like this 1080p HDMI to HDMI Optical SPDIF RCA L R Extractor Converter Audio Splitter | eBay

Else you might miss a Tv with good picture quality just for the sake of looking around optical outs and D LED backlights

nope buddy..i saw some models frm lg which is more than 50k price..its k...
i dont wanna increase stuffs on the tv table

i am happy with chromecast 2015+tv optical+stereo amp (all at 802.11 ac 5ghz)

If you select Direct Lit LED Tv, you might have to compromise with some "Shadow Details" when watching some dark movies. You will get some better contrast with Direct Lit Led as well as loose some precious shadow details.
Good Luck.
You may look for Toshiba L2400 series or L5400 series or Some VU Led suffs.

If you select Direct Lit LED Tv, you might have to compromise with some "Shadow Details" when watching some dark movies. You will get some better contrast with Direct Lit Led as well as loose some precious shadow details.
Good Luck.
You may look for Toshiba L2400 series or L5400 series or Some VU Led suffs.

i wud luv to buy vu leds..but they dont hv optical out:sad:

nope buddy..i saw some models frm lg which is more than 50k price..its k...
i dont wanna increase stuffs on the tv table

i am happy with chromecast 2015+tv optical+stereo amp (all at 802.11 ac 5ghz)

how is the 2015 Chromecast working for you ? I have an older Chromecast.. do you think I should upgrade ?

interestingly, the 35$ Chromecast Audio. The output of Cjromecast Audio is a TRS 3.5+mini TOSLINK ... exactly like the Macbook.

Thats the reason i have asked my frnd to bring chromecast audio and video boh..that way my set wil be complete..

Chromecast to tv n tv optical out to amp
chromecast audio optical out to amp

All at 5 ghz band on 802.11 AC wifi ...so kool....

Back