Please suggest a affordable TV with the following features

Analogous

32” - 45”
LCD
Not running Android OS
HDMI (2 ports at least)
Need y to connect to external DAC (so Optical audio out and Coaxial out)
4K not essential
A screen refresh rate of 100hz or more

Grateful for your suggestions

Thats a very difficult combination to get. There are hardly any new TV models which are 'Un-Smart'. To add to that, the trend of digital out started with the Smart TVs if I remember. You might get ARC option via the HDMI which could be easier to find.

MaSh

Thats a very difficult combination to get. There are hardly any new TV models which are 'Un-Smart'. To add to that, the trend of digital out started with the Smart TVs if I remember. You might get ARC option via the HDMI which could be easier to find.

MaSh
Thanks. I have a TV with HDMI ARC.
Do you think it’s possible to connect this somehow to a external DAC?

Thanks. I have a TV with HDMI ARC.
Do you think it’s possible to connect this somehow to a external DAC?
Yes you can. Get an HDMI extractor. These have Optical Out. Connect that to your DAC. This is how I have been using one for over 3 years now. For a casual setup, it is not bad at all.

MaSh

Yes you can. Get an HDMI extractor. These have Optical Out. Connect that to your DAC. This is how I have been using one for over 3 years now. For a casual setup, it is not bad at all.

MaSh
Thanks @MaSh. I will try this.
I didn’t bother thinking about connecting my TV to my HiFi till I started watching the Beatles documentary “Get back”
The built in TV speakers are functional for the shows I watch. But I also have a few concert DVDs and thought it would be nice to have better sound for these.
The TV has 2Usb ports, 2 HDMI ports and a 3.5mm socket. It has HDMI ARC function,
Could you advise if this is the right way to connect?
1. DVD player - HDMI - TV
2. T V - HDMI extractor - Optucal ToS link - DAC

Thanks @MaSh. I will try this.
I didn’t bother thinking about connecting my TV to my HiFi till I started watching the Beatles documentary “Get back”
The built in TV speakers are functional for the shows I watch. But I also have a few concert DVDs and thought it would be nice to have better sound for these.
The TV has 2Usb ports, 2 HDMI ports and a 3.5mm socket. It has HDMI ARC function,
Could you advise if this is the right way to connect?
1. DVD player - HDMI - TV
2. T V - HDMI extractor - Optucal ToS link - DAC
Hey,

Yes you can connect the arc hdmi in tv to the hdmi extractor. Take the optical from it and feed your dac.

My tv has no arc. So I have my fire tv, pc and Chrome cast connected to the hdmi extractor. The optical from it feeds an Onkyo 2.1 speaker system. It has an hdmi out too which goes to my tv just for video.

Amazon has tons of options with just a single hdmi input or multiple.

MaSh

I use a commercial Samsung display dc32e 32” 1080p 60hz ( I know you want 100hz +). There are LG versions also which might better.

Not smart but for watching casual movies and music I have been using raspberry pi with amphat from justboom ( class d 30w x 2 @ 8 ohms ) and would use kodi to watch Netflix or YouTube or movies from drive. Used the tv’s remote to navigate on PI.
If this helps.

I use a commercial Samsung display dc32e 32” 1080p 60hz ( I know you want 100hz +). There are LG versions also which might better.

Not smart but for watching casual movies and music I have been using raspberry pi with amphat from justboom ( class d 30w x 2 @ 8 ohms ) and would use kodi to watch Netflix or YouTube or movies from drive. Used the tv’s remote to navigate on PI.
If this helps.
Thank you. Iam grateful for the suggestion.
I will try the the HDMI extractor and see if this works for me.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back