Please suggest a budget 5.1 Home Theater system

Ispahir

Hello

I am new to the world of Hi-Fi Systems and also to this community. I am planning to buy a Home Theater system under a budget of 50K. I had the demo of ONKYO HTS 3800 and YAMAHA YHT 1840. I am very confused to see what system I should go for. I am looking for suggestions to should I go for a packaged deal or have a custom system built. I listen to music more often than watching movies. Looking forward to all suggestions.

• My requirement is 60% Music and 40% Music.
  • My room size is 13FTX11F
  • I will be using satellites or bookshelves, NO floorstanders

I am planning to buy a Home Theater system under a budget of 50K. I am looking for suggestions to should I go for a packaged deal or have a custom system built.

If you can spend progressively overtime, then you can choose to build one.. If 50K is all you want to spend, then you have to settle for a few options..

ONKYO HTS 3800 and YAMAHA YHT 1840.

Skip the Onkyo HTS 3800 as it has passive subwoofer and will restrict your upgrade path (in future)..

Yamaha YHT 1840 is a good choice, it would allow you to upgrade speakers overtime if you wish to..

• My room size is 13FTX11F
  • I will be using satellites or bookshelves, NO floorstanders
Option 1) - Since you don't prefer FS, you are skipping a value for money HT 5.0 system - You can pick any 5.1 AVR for abt 30K + add Taga Harmony TAV 406/506 5.0 FS speaker package (20K)..Overtime, you can add a subwoofer to complete a very good HT system for your budget..

Option 2) - You can pick any 5.1 AVR for abt 30K + add Taga inmove series 5.0 BS speaker package for 25K.. This will make your system 5.0 for now..Overtime, you can add a subwoofer to complete a very good HT system for your budget..

Option 3) - You can pick any 5.1 AVR for abt 30K + add buy 3 pairs of JBL control one speakers, 7K for a pair..This will make it 5.0 package.. You will need to add sub later on..

All the above options, are better choices than settling for HTIB set-up..

Marantz 1508 + taga harmony 506/606 . Since u don't have the money for a sub right now, i think going with a FS makes sense in 5.0 system. Later add a sub according to your budget and need.

Marantz 1508 + polk TL1600 will be an awesome setup which you would not need to upgrade very quickly but it will increase your budget (should be around 65-70k)

Other option would be:
  • Yamaha 3072 - around 45k
  • Marantz plus Taga 5.0 (2 FS 2BS n Center) - around 55k
I wouldn't go with 1840 or onkyo as they both are quite old now.

What if I extend my budget a little and decide to spend about 35K on AVR and gradually build up the system. I don't want to settle with something and regret later. Maybe I could shell out another 20K over 50K. Please suggest an AVR around that budget and also the Sub and speakers that would blend well along with it, keeping in mind I am more into music than movies.

What if I extend my budget a little and decide to spend about 35K on AVR and gradually build up the system. I don't want to settle with something and regret later. Maybe I could shell out another 20K over 50K. Please suggest an AVR around that budget and also the Sub and speakers that would blend well along with it, keeping in mind I am more into music than movies.
Firstly, think hard before you buy a home theater, as placement of speakers is also crucial to make it sound good, regardless of how much you spend. I gave up mine as I had the surround speakers too close, as my room is similar size. Secondly, if your preference is more music than movies, getting a stereo amplifier and decent pair of bookshelf speakers would be more enjoyable, than using a 5.1 system. You can spend about 20k for an amplifier, get a DAC for anything from 2k to 5k, and splurge the rest on speakers. Music on home theater systems will sound fine but why pay for features that you might only use them once in a while. Look at brand's like Yamaha, Norge for stereo amplifiers. Better speakers will always be the best bang for your buck.

I would suggest Denon AVR-X250BT and Pioneer SP-FS52 Floor Standing speakers. start with a good amp and great stereo speakers and expand to 5.1 eventually.

In the budget of 50K,
as per my opinion Yamaha 3072in is a best option.

Its come with Active Sub, etc. Dolby, Dolby Vision, DTS HD, 4K Ultra HD, FM/AM Tuner Etc.

also with inbuilt Bluetooth and USB Support

So it a complete package in this budget.

regards.

I looked around Delhi and found Marantz 1509 available at a price of 45k. Do you guys think it's a good option?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back