Please suggest a budget 5.1 Home Theater system

I got the receiver for a price of 45K and Speakers for 35K. Another 5K for all the wires and cables.

I think it's a good deal, isn't it?

What if I extend my budget a little and decide to spend about 35K on AVR and gradually build up the system. I don't want to settle with something and regret later. Maybe I could shell out another 20K over 50K. Please suggest an AVR around that budget and also the Sub and speakers that would blend well along with it, keeping in mind I am more into music than movies.
Hi Ispahir...

We all have been where you are now. The temptation to buy a complete system is overwhelming. But it will only be a matter of days before the upgrade bug creeps in. I would strongly suggest following elangoas advise. Get a good AVR, and two floor standers from taga and a sub now. This will keep you happy for a long time as your listening is mostly music. I would suggest a marantz if music is important to you. Then as funds permit in the future, add a center channel and surrounds if you want.

But whatever you do, you have to be firm about where you want to end up with. And get one component at a time as funds permit. I have a 5.1.4 HT system, and took me 4 years to get there eventually. But Iam completely out of the upgrade path for sometime to come, as I planned and bought and built it up slowly but wisely. All the best:)

Hi Ispahir...

We all have been where you are now. The temptation to buy a complete system is overwhelming. But it will only be a matter of days before the upgrade bug creeps in. I would strongly suggest following elangoas advise. Get a good AVR, and two floor standers from taga and a sub now. This will keep you happy for a long time as your listening is mostly music. I would suggest a marantz if music is important to you. Then as funds permit in the future, add a center channel and surrounds if you want.

But whatever you do, you have to be firm about where you want to end up with. And get one component at a time as funds permit. I have a 5.1.4 HT system, and took me 4 years to get there eventually. But Iam completely out of the upgrade path for sometime to come, as I planned and bought and built it up slowly but wisely. All the best:)
Thank you for your suggestion, however I already made a purchase. I did auditioned Taga Harmony and I found them loud but lacked clarity and depth. I also auditioned Polk and mission speakers. Talking about receivers I auditioned Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon and Marantz. I auditioned Marantz 1509 with Elac Cinema 10 and 5. I instantly fell in love with the warmth of the sound. As Elac Cinema 10 was out of my budget I settled for Elac Cinema 5 with Marantz NR1509. I find the sound mesmerizing and can't get enough of it.
Price Breakup
Marantz NR1509 45000/-
Elac Cinema 5 35000/-
Cables and Wires 5000/-
Installation Free

I am thinking of hooking up a Voltage Stabilizer to the receiver. Could anyone please suggest which stabilizer should I go for?

Thank you for your suggestion, however I already made a purchase. I did auditioned Taga Harmony and I found them loud but lacked clarity and depth. I also auditioned Polk and mission speakers. Talking about receivers I auditioned Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon and Marantz. I auditioned Marantz 1509 with Elac Cinema 10 and 5. I instantly fell in love with the warmth of the sound. As Elac Cinema 10 was out of my budget I settled for Elac Cinema 5 with Marantz NR1509. I find the sound mesmerizing and can't get enough of it.
Price Breakup
Marantz NR1509 45000/-
Elac Cinema 5 35000/-
Cables and Wires 5000/-
Installation Free

Hearty congratulations Ispahir :)

That's an excellent system you've got there. Enjoy your music . Very well chosen I must say :)

So it's been couple of weeks since the setup and I noticed a few things. When I play something from the Firestick, the output is considerably low compared to the output from Cromecast. Would anyone here know the reason?

Send I can hear a faint rattling noise at times from the front and the surround speakers, mostly while playing music. I usually stream music from Spotify. I did run Audyssey, which reduced the noise however it still is there. What could be causing that?

Once again my setup is Marantz NR1509 + Elac Cinema 5.

When I play something from the Firestick, the output is considerably low compared to the output from Cromecast. Would anyone here know the reason?

Please check if the volume on firestick device is at max volume..

Send I can hear a faint rattling noise at times from the front and the surround speakers, mostly while playing music. I usually stream music from Spotify. I did run Audyssey, which reduced the noise however it still is there. What could be causing that?

Usually when music (stereo) is played by AVR, the surrounds are not at work.. You may have used one of the presets on the AVR, that mixes 2 channel to 5.1.. Try using stereo mode on AVR.. (or) press the red button on the AVR remote and select "stereo" when using spotify..

Both are good choice. Marantz slimline better option than other mentioned above. Welcome to audio world

I am thinking of hooking up a Voltage Stabilizer to the receiver. Could anyone please suggest which stabilizer should I go for?

Hi Ispahir,

Congrats on your purchase. You can try the Vguard digi 200 stabilizer which can handle upto 6 Ampier. I am currently using it since almost a year. Here's the link.

Hi Ispahir...

Interesting. Can you please tell me what speakers and receiver you have finally bought and from where? Also how much you had to spent?
Regards

Interesting. Can you please tell me what speakers and receiver you have finally bought and from where? Also how much you had to spent?
Regards

Hi Irv ...I think you ended up quoting my post. So isaphir might not have seen your message. Better to send him a pm or quote on his posts, so that he gets notified. All the best :)

Option 3) - You can pick any 5.1 AVR for abt 30K + add buy 3 pairs of JBL control one speakers, 7K for a pair..This will make it 5.0 package.. You will need to add sub later on..
Hi, i was thing of this system but was not sure about Jbl control one speakers because i never heard them, can you please tell me how they sound? 3 pairs will cost 21k minimum is it worth?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back