Please suggest a Dolby Atmos AVR to bring from US

What is your time plan to get this. The newer models have started coming up in US. I can see Denon 3400 and 6400 already listed, 4400 will be on its way,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your time plan to get this. The newer models have started coming up in US. I can see Denon 3400 and 6400 already listed, 4400 will be on its way,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello dan.... my friend will go to US on 4th November and come back on 17th.

I will be happy to get last year models if they come at better price.

For my room layout and mounting feasibility, 9.2 (5.2.4) would be sufficient.
11.2 would be great if I can get but not a compulsion.

Dear All,

till now I got suggestions on the following:
1. DENON X4300H ($800)
2. MARANTZ SR6011 ($1000) both are in my budget. Both are 9.2 and can extend to 11.2

Marantz is good musically as i know. If it can perform good with Movies too, I will go for it. (For movies I prefer a bit raw and punchy sound signature instead of a soft one)

(Elangoas, I take back my words that music is not a priority. Even though my preference is movies, It makes sense to look for a mid range avr that's good for music as well)

can you people give at least one or two other models/brands too please...
just in case... to have alternatives if they are not available etc.

Thanks for all the guidance so far !!

Dear All,

can you people give at least one or two other models/brands too please...
just in case... to have alternatives if they are not available etc.

Thanks for all the guidance so far !!
Since your purchase is likely to be from the US, then if you go through the amazon dot com site, it should come with suggested AVRs in that price range. Then you can come here and ask for clarifications regarding those particular AVRs. This might help the respective users/owners to guide you along, I guess.
By doing this, you (and your friend) will be well informed and know well ahead of time what to do in case plan A doesn't work aka if your first choice isn't available there then you know what else to look for and buy.

Yes... ideally I should have picked a few models and then should have asked the seniors about the pros and cons. I started it ... but somewhere down the line I got lost between many models.

I am doing some search whenever I can. But now I have a lead with the suggestions above. Really greatful to all of you !!!

Sure John....
Actually me and my friends are familiar with local made music systems. We used them when we are young. They dont have brand names too. We used mix and match of cheap local made amps and speakers.

Later I used 2.1 and 5.1 htib setups like sony, f&d, etc.

Presently my next league for me is to get into audiophile setups, and I started with yht196. Now I have to go up the lader to upgrade. I cant go back to local made stuff again.

I should not do an upgrade in a hurry, but i want to make use of my friends trip to us. I won't get such chances very often. Hope you understand. And getting a used stuf from sale by owner is one good way to go too.

And secondly John, if you know any specific model in a specfic local brand, that can be finetuned to perform as good as a mid range avr from popular brands, please post the details here. It may help me and others too.

Marantz 6011 is based on denon 3300. People on other forums call those as identical. So if the comparison is between Marantz vs denon, I would go with Denon 4300 any day. It has better power section between the two and has better specs. There is a thread on avs comparing denon 4300 and Marantz 6011.

In my opinion, Denon and Marantz are the best bet in your price range. Both can do Atmos, DTsX, have audyssey xt32 and will allow you to tweak room correction settings from phone app (extra $20). This is the biggest feature, as it allows you to tweak room correction to your liking. Its not available in other receivers at this price point.

Can you suggest a good Dolby Atmos AVR (5.2.4 or 5.2.2) please?
Budget is upto 60K in Indian currency. (Can stretch if its really necessary...)

@John Rajajinagar ..This was the OP request.. And look at what informative posts you have added..

Value for money advice.

If I may suggest go for some second hand dunk naka set.

Could you share a link of dunk naka set?

By your posts it is obvious that you really dont know abcd of music or the way it is setup even for viewing movies.

Which is why the forum is for.. Isn't?

You may be the most accomplished..Try to add some information in your post than mocking a FM lack of experience..

Last edited:
And secondly John, if you know any specific model in a specfic local brand, that can be finetuned to perform as good as a mid range avr from popular brands, please post the details here. It may help me and others too.

I will be soon starting a thread which details local brands. :signthankspin:

That will be helpful John... in this thread we discussed many peripheral details instead of the actual subject asked. And focus is deviated a bit.
If you start a thread with details on local brands with precise details that would be good.

Dear all, I decided to go with Denon 4300. It is around $800.

Should I hurry and buy it now? Or is it ok to wait for a few weeks?

The problem is, my friend is going to US on November 25th. I am just wondering if this AVR will be available to buy by that time. No idea if the stocks will last. Or I don't know if this is an offer price, and may go up.

Should I hurry and buy it now? In that case I have to find someone in Oklahoma who can receive it and keep it in their house for a few weeks.

Any of our FMs or their friends living in Oklahoma?

Or... is there an option to book it now, and schedule the delivery next month...
Please give some directions...sorry that I am asking to do predictions, but any wild guess may also help me....
Thanks & Regards
Chaitanya

Chaitanya,

Shipping times are dependent on the retailer. Amazon is the hard one to predict unless you are using Prime Shipping. They give such a wide range for free shipping so had to say when it comes. It sometimes takes two weeks to deliver using Amazon free savers shipping. Most predictable shipping is when you choose 3 day or 2 day shipping etc. But that may come with Cost.

As for whether the unit will be available that time or not: Depends. $800 is a normal price for X4300. If they do a fire clearance sale in next 3 weeks, it may go out of stock. Positive side is you may get it little more cheaper.

Chaitanya,

I bought my Marantz slimline from accessories4less. Unit was in near new condition - there was nothing to indicate it was refurbished. And it has worked reliably for several years now. So i can recommend the site. Their prices are also quite a bargain. But please understand that refurbished also means sometimes there will be cosmetic blemishes. However the manufacturer guarantees that it will be in perfect working order. They do a lot of due diligence in that regard. Just be prepared for a few scratches.. or not depending on your luck. Most often, it is near new condition as refurbished mostly consists of people who have returned their device within the return period (typically 30 days).

Please do NOT buy it now. Your friend is going on almost exactly the Black Friday weekend. That is when you get extremely good discounts - such as 50-60% off. Please time your purchase for that weekend of 25-26 Nov.

Nowadays, most of the black friday deals are available online as people have stopped doing the thing of waking up at midnight and going shopping in a mad rush. So please keep an eye out on the deals. Most online retailers start announcing the deals a week or two before Black Friday itself so you will have enough time to pick and choose the best deal that suits you.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back