Please suggest center channel placement with respect to projector screen

Naveenbnc

Please suggest if its better to place the center channel above or below the projector screen.

If it is a screen, I would have placed it behind it, but I have to continue using the wall as a screen for now.
I really want to add a screen, but i observed that I can not do it anytime soon due to my 1.5 year old kid. She will definitely damage it. So Il go for a paint if needed.

(The bottom of the image is 1feet from the floor.)
I dont have any issues placing the centre channel below that, but in terms of sound quality, is it better to place above the screen or below?
Any suggestions please....

Thank you Tuff...
I'm also taking a wild guess here...dialogs may sound relatively odd coming from top of the screen, compared to bottom. Just guessing....

Ideally the three front speakers should be at ear level. So bottom of screen and tilted up slightly will be best.
How is your screen just 1 foot above the floor? That may not be very comfortable. What is the screen height?

Please suggest if its better to place the center channel above or below the projector screen.

If it is a screen, I would have placed it behind it, but I have to continue using the wall as a screen for now.
I really want to add a screen, but i observed that I can not do it anytime soon due to my 1.5 year old kid. She will definitely damage it. So Il go for a paint if needed.

(The bottom of the image is 1feet from the floor.)
I dont have any issues placing the centre channel below that, but in terms of sound quality, is it better to place above the screen or below?
Any suggestions please....

I too had my PJ image start 12 inches of the floor.. Ear level is approx 36 - 40 inches off the floor, depending on your seating position..

Assuming your max screen height is bet 50 ~ 55 inches..

If you place the center near the bottom of the screen, it would be approx 20 inches below ear level..

If you place above screen, it would be approx 30 inches above ear level.. So yes as other FM pointed out, bottom of the screen would be best..

thank you very much Naturelover, Efernand & Elangoas.....
Bottom placement is most reasonable as you suggested.....
Sometimes we just use beanbags (not for long hours) to relax and watch....centre channel at the bottom makes more sense.
Thanks a lot !!!

Ideally the three front speakers should be at ear level. So bottom of screen and tilted up slightly will be best.
How is your screen just 1 foot above the floor? That may not be very comfortable. What is the screen height?
For the time being, i kept the PJ in a shelf on the rear wall of the room. The height is around 6 feet from the ground. That will not be a permanent placement any way... Currently my screen height is 54 to 55 inches. Most likely I will end up the screen starting at 1.5 ... or 2 feet from the ground.

Typical seating being around 2 feet from ground and eye level being 3 feet from seating, the centre of the screen should be around 5 feet. So if your screen is around 5 feet tall then keep it 2.5 feet from ground for optimal viewing for long hours.

Hey Sud98,

The placement you suggested is ideal and best if im using a screen. But right now im using a wall. So i have only two options. Either above or below the image. Out of these two, keeping it below the image is the best option.

Please place it right at the centre of the screen, not too below but tilted up. Experiment with the tilt angle until you feel the dialogues are coming from the right area in the screen.

( updating my old threads just in case they help new commers)
For better front soundstage, use three identical speakers behind the screen at ear level. If it's not possible, second alternative is to keep center channel below screen, and tilt towards listener.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back