Please suggest dac

Phani24

Iam having NorgeConcerto Gold 1000 amp with Elac b 6.2 Speakers. Currently using with aux in put via 3.5 Jack to mobile.But sotsatusfurd with sound clarity . Suggest any dac or anu for good clarity.

Thanks

Iam having NorgeConcerto Gold 1000 amp with Elac b 6.2 Speakers. Currently using with aux in put via 3.5 Jack to mobile.But sotsatusfurd with sound clarity . Suggest any dac or anu for good clarity.

Thanks
Hi,
Our member Yogesh referred are good entry level DAC,
If you are going to use mobile as your source means bluetooth DAC is good one ,
How is music fedility dac. Is it serves my Purpose. And yamaha wxc50 preamp
Hi
If your source is mobile ,then entry level DAC as suggested by Yogesh with Bluetooth is serve for you.

Hi,
Our member Yogesh referred are good entry level DAC,
If you are going to use mobile as your source means bluetooth DAC is good one ,

Hi
If your source is mobile ,then entry level DAC as suggested by Yogesh with Bluetooth is serve for you.
can you suggestbsny streamer. i have Yamaha 50 preamp in mind

Thanks
1. Ifi zen one signature
2. Schiit Modi Multibit 2
3. SMSL D300

I picked up a Schiit Modi 3 today and here are my quick observations while it is fresh:
Setup: Pioneer FS52, NAD 320BEE, Laptop, FLAC/Mp3/Youtube/AmazonMusic paired with the DAC
Music: EDM types (Ghost Rider)/Eagles, Coldplay/pop etc. - across the board basically.

1. The most significant improvement has been in bass clarity. The muddled rumble down below has cleared up considerably. Bass guitars and EDMish beats sound smooth now and entertaining. Best way I can describe it is what was a "beaten by a hammer" type bass has now become a "stabbed by a dagger". Neat and clean but impactful. I used to dial the bass down by 1.5 clicks on the amp, not needed anymore.
2. I perceive better extension both at the lower and higher frequencies. The highs and lows appear more spread apart now.
3. Amp is running at half the volume for the same sound.

Apart from this there is the obvious clarity one expects from a DAC.
I am going to slowly savor this change - time to listen to my collection all over again and hear those previously hidden tones :)

Thanks
Look no further than WiiM Pro Plus. This will keep you satisfied for a long time. Very good streamer and DAC.

MaSh

I picked up a Schiit Modi 3 today and here are my quick observations while it is fresh:
Setup: Pioneer FS52, NAD 320BEE, Laptop, FLAC/Mp3/Youtube/AmazonMusic paired with the DAC
Music: EDM types (Ghost Rider)/Eagles, Coldplay/pop etc. - across the board basically.

1. The most significant improvement has been in bass clarity. The muddled rumble down below has cleared up considerably. Bass guitars and EDMish beats sound smooth now and entertaining. Best way I can describe it is what was a "beaten by a hammer" type bass has now become a "stabbed by a dagger". Neat and clean but impactful. I used to dial the bass down by 1.5 clicks on the amp, not needed anymore.
2. I perceive better extension both at the lower and higher frequencies. The highs and lows appear more spread apart now.

I am going to slowly savor this change - time to listen to my collection all over again and hear those previously hidden tones :)

How are you powering modi 3? If you are powering it through usb from PC or stock power supply adapter, Modi 3 will sound forward and edgy.
You may consider adding a linear power supply to power Modi 3. It will 100% take your listening experience to the next level.

How are you powering modi 3? If you are powering it through usb from PC or stock power supply adapter, Modi 3 will sound forward and edgy.
You may consider adding a linear power supply to power Modi 3. It will 100% take your listening experience to the next

Modi 3 will sound forward and edgy.
To me it sounded quite neutral with the stock PSU.

USB Bridge makes a massive difference but they are expensive.

To me it sounded quite neutral with the stock PSU.
I was using Modi 3+ with a high end samsung mobile charger and I came to know that it was sounding forward and edgy only after adding Shanti LPS. The sound signature turned out to become more relaxed with clear emphasis on mids and had darker background only after adding LPS.

How was your connection done prior to this?

I was using Modi 3+ with a high end samsung mobile charger and I came to know that it was sounding forward and edgy only after adding Shanti LPS. The sound signature turned out to become more relaxed with clear emphasis on mids and had darker background only after adding LPS.
There is a lot of debate online as to what chip "Modi 3+" has. According to their website it uses ESS ES9018, some say its a mix cause AKM supplies dried out. Standard Modi 3 uses AKM 4490EQ which part of their “Velvet Sound” tuning/family.

Read the full review it explains the sound signature of the vanilla Modi 3 being smooth. Wasn't a design choice, Schiit had retrofit ESS becuase of supply issues with the AKM chip at that time.

Also in the review I posted above:
Since the Modi 3 has a dedicated power-input, using a micro USB termination, it is possible to use power supplies other than the SMPS USB wall-wart that Schiit includes. In doing so, bear in mind that the Modi 3 has an internal SMPS as the first thing encountered after the power-input, so using an expensive external linear power supply is still going to result in power going through a switcher.

Probably placebo:) How much did you pay for your linear power supply?

Thanks
I recently added SMSL DL200 to my Elac b6.2 setup which used to previously run on LG V40

DL200 was bought for 16k from China and is a DAC cum headphone-amp using top end ES9039-Q2M da chip.

And I didnt observe any explicitly discernible improvements.

Back