Please suggest HT placement for small living room

avink

IdYqkBfhNzkQucE7CollTr24OqpCoFBNnpQo52cZ57DRqxQz0jJyJaymUOX7qAvPvSrE81NWffLW5Q=w953-h445-no

After spending years in rented large houses, its time to move to my new small apartment :) . I have actually never lived in an apartment before and am really confused about how to best utilise my smallish L shaped living room for my A/V setup. I am attaching a layout of my apartment. I am contemplating between couple of options.

OPTION 1 - Use wall A for screen and partition the open area 'P' to create a rectangular closed area. There would still be open areas 'x' and 'y'.

OPTION 2 - Same as option 1 + another partition P2 to close out the area. This would most likely be glass slider door to give a sense of space.

OPTION 3 - Use wall 'B' for screen and partition 'P'. This would give much more space overall but am concerned about the open walkways - X, Y.

One thing I am really concerned about is being able to enjoy Movies without disturbing neighbours. Any recommendations to avoid this.

I am also looking at doing some bit of acoustic treatment like using rockwool OR using Horizon QKit Room Kit. Any reco in this area.

Thanks.

Hi

Depending on your budget and connectivity requirements, audition what is available and start making a list of what appeals to you in appearance, performance etc.

Share that list with us with prices and we can recommend some steer in your decision...

At the end of the day, trust your ears and instincts and go with that...after all you are the ultimate user!

The biggest advice I am looking for is which one of the three (1,2,3) is preferred placement.

Hi

Preferred placement depends on the actual layout of the room and this is something which needs to be seen in person by a consultant or Home Theatre room designer....natural light from windows....material used on the walls etc has to be considered.....even the partition thickness and soundproofing .....

I would suggest option 1 in my view...again one needs to see the actual place and see how much of treatment / concealing for sound is required.

I'd go with option 3. I don't think the electronics would be in the way. If you are worried, you could shift partition P down to wall B with a reduced length.
You'd be surprised how loud you can play without disturbing the neighbours[emoji2] .
I would even look at having the screen over the sliding balcony door but that would require proper control of light coming through there.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back