Please suggest In ceiling atmos speakers

pjgowtham

My build is mentioned on the signature below. I want to match that to either a 5.1.2 setup or 5.1.4 setup. I am not aware of the required specifications for atmos in-ceiling speakers. So, kindly suggest me a few. There are ceiling speakers ranging from 1000 to > 13,000 INR, some cheaper ones with higher specifics and a few expensive ones with lower specifics. So, i am on a fix whether to go for 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup.

Currently, I have no idea how to budget for atmos speakers and I certainly don't want it to be overkill compared to the existing setup.

I am eyeing these https://www.amazon.in/gp/offer-listing/B0007LCL90/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I am also eyeing the taga harmony TCW80R, TCW180R, TCW100R v2.

Help me come to a conclusion.

My recommendation would be to go with 4 on ceiling. It's significantly better than 2 and certainly not overkill.
Choice of speakers is up to you depending on your budget.

Looks like my AVR supports only 5.2.2 atmos. So, i'm going to extend my budget to 12k for a pair of ceiling speakers. I need guidance on where and what to buy.

Curious to know how does the sound of on wall speakers like Sonodyne 3540 compare with overhead on ceiling or in ceiling speakers?

Speakers with it's own enclosure generally sound better than in-ceiling speakers. Atleast, that's what my research online on this subject says.

I'm using a pair of Polk Audio RC80i with rest of Polk Audio RTiA setup in 7.1.2 format. I wanted to stay with 7.1 as most of the media is still encoded in 7.1 format. Given that my room size is just 13x15, I thought it will be better to stay with .2 instead of .4. I'm quite satisfied with my setup

I settled with the JBL Arena 6IC pair for 12k. It sounds glorious and I'm very pleased with the results. This time around i did 6 or 8 point calibration along with adjusting the cutoff frequency for auto eq in the audyssey multi eq android app. These modifications made things exponentially better.

The DTS-X uses the ceiling speakers and i could hear the difference well enough. The 360 degree sound is so noticeable. For old music, Multichannel stereo works really well. Proper atmos mix sounds really good, which i tested with Gravity Diamond Luxe edition. The best track to test atmos has to be the car scene in Ready Player one.

I settled with the JBL Arena 6IC pair for 12k. It sounds glorious and I'm very pleased with the results. This time around i did 6 or 8 point calibration along with adjusting the cutoff frequency for auto eq in the audyssey multi eq android app. These modifications made things exponentially better.

The DTS-X uses the ceiling speakers and i could hear the difference well enough. The 360 degree sound is so noticeable. For old music, Multichannel stereo works really well. Proper atmos mix sounds really good, which i tested with Gravity Diamond Luxe edition. The best track to test atmos has to be the car scene in Ready Player one.
From where did you buy?

I am also looking for ceiling speakers for my dedicated home theatre

From where did you buy?

I am also looking for ceiling speakers for my dedicated home theatre
Theatrewala.in

Remember to do a bit of bargaining. Even though I didn't purchase this in person, he was responsive through WhatsApp. He had a few Polk, elac, jbl.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back