Please suggest matching speakers for Audiophile 2496

humblebee

Hi.

I was just a curious techie, but I came to learn the value of good quality audio from here!
For years unnumbered have I wandered in the anonymous paths of this strange land.
And quite by chance and the will of a wizard (look upwards), fate decided I would spot an Audiophile 2496.
Here in my small city of Lucknow!
And own some cash.

(The shopkeeper was clearly relieved when I bought a stagnated inventory off him. Little did he know of its value. Poor man! Never came to this land!)

I connected it to Edifier C3 and man .. its the best sound I have ever heard !
The emotions that were lost in transition to digital music seemed to have come back.
And the sound is unhurried. 2496 has an internal clock.
Now the DAC is my favourite part in the chain !
Then I upgraded the wires and .. "Who would have thought wires made such a difference?"

But it needs to be matched to its level of speakers.
I feel C3 is a bit below this DAC's level.
I connected C3 to Xonar DX and found very little loss in sound quality.
Which means that 2496 needs better speakers.

Now being in Lucknow, I dont know many places to audition. I only know 1 place to go - the Yamaha showroom.
That means buying online without audition.

This is where you come in :)

Please help me with your experiences so that I may buy a speaker that matches the level of 2496 which is my main concern.

Balance in building the whole chain
- DAC
- Speakers
- Wires
- FLAC
- Windows Audio Session (iTunes)
is my concern.
Although I think I am more of a DAC fan than a speakers fan.
And the base shouldnt be lacking ... and not too heavy either!

I have just mentally tried to jump up one level and identified the following speakers:

Timbre Ti5 - Rs 13500
AudioEngine A2 - Rs 15000 (Bass lacking I guess)
Edifier S530 - Rs 16000 (Also Corsair SP-2500 but having looked around here for so long I just want to try a speaker set from audio company)
KRK Rokit 5 G2 - Rs 16500
Swan M200MKII - Rs 16800
M Audio BX5A - Rs 17500
JBL LSR 2325P - Rs 25,000
Yamaha HS50M - Rs 27500
Audioengine a5 - Rs 30,000
A2 + S8 sub - Rs 37000

Suggestions?

Please also feel free to share any related experiences you might be having!
To me, it would be nice to read ! (I shared mine !)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : The last reviewer here says that Bajaao.com staff confirm that Timbre Ti5 sound better than A5. ?????
Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Timbre TI5 70W Hi-Fi Active Bookshelf Speakers - September Deal - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipm

Last edited:
I will be selling Aktimate Micro (Black) for around 27-30k next month. Let me know. Officially it costs over 42k in India. Warranty of over 8 months is still left :)

Back