Please suggest me good speakers for under 1 lakh.. already bought the receiver..

rajat.gulati

Hey friends, i dont know much about audio. So i want you guys to advice me best speakers for me.

My room size is 22 / 17

I love hearing music with a deep and clear bass, which i love to hear all the time & I Watch movies and regular tv on daily basis as well.

I have already purchased the Yamaha RX-A840 Aventage Receiver.

Yamaha RX-A840 Review | SoundVisionReview

SUGGEST ME A good Speakers for under 1 LAKH..

OR i can buy a good Floor standing speakers for the time being.

So please suggest me as many good options as you know as i dont have many available here to take demo.

Hi Raja,

One lakh is good enough to buy 5.0 speakers. Since you have a good AVR you can go with POLK RTiA series with floor standers as fronts.

RTiA series is good for both Music and Movies.

Hi Raja,

One lakh is good enough to buy 5.0 speakers. Since you have a good AVR you can go with POLK RTiA series with floor standers as fronts.

RTiA series is good for both Music and Movies.

I actually want a 5.1 system only and need more option so that i can compare and decide after taking demo..

Spending 1 lakh will give you only a fairly basic 5.1 system. When you have such nice AVR, the speakers will be a let down. Consider increasing the budget.

My recommendation: Dali Zensor 7 based package. These speakers have very good bass. You can start with a 3.0 package and add sub+sats later.

Polk RTiA7 based package will be very nice for movies. However, I prefer Dali for music.

1.0l is Infact the budget range for a 5.1
For Polk
Kef warfedale
Ma

Tannoy I love but may cross your budget on 5.1

Q-Acoustics 2000
Tannoy HTS

Go a "little" above your 1 lakh budget and among others you have options from:

Q-Acoustics 3000
Wharfedale Diamond
Dali Zensor 1

Listen and then choose. I'd go with the Dali.

Hi Rajat,

This is fraught with risk indeed! Buying speakers like this is like internet dating! It can go terribly wrong.

Rather than focus on bass, can I make a suggestion - focus on midrange - speakers using which you can hear voice really clearly and follow the dialogues very well. And Amitabh's voice (haven't heard in real life, but everyone has an idea!) should sound like his voice!

Other members have given excellent choices, but try the Castle Knight series also - surprising amount of bass and decent midrange as well.

Perhaps you can google for brands that appeal/ dealers and make a Mumbai darshan. Given that you are putting in a sizeable some of money, it may be well worth it if you can get a decent air and taxifare.

Vivek

As you have mentioned you love deep and clear BASS, I would recommend SVS PB/SB series subwoofer. Your budget is 1 lac, and subwoofer will consume more than 50% of your budget :D It's true.

So if you really need speakers which your Yamaha Aventage Receiver deserve and a compliment for your AVR, than you have to start with 3.0 (Fronts + Center) for now. Add Surrounds and Subwoofer later.
However you can get 5.0 speakers in this budget but those would be good pair with basic AVRs range. So have patience, take your time and decide decent speakers.

Have inboxed you the details. If going with Dali Fronts I would advise to go with Dali Vokal. The centre speaker should ideally have as close audio characteristics as possible to the fronts. The sub and the rears you can change.

So finally i have come down to 2 options.

1. DALI Zensor 5 Front + Dali Zensor Vokal Center + Dali - Zensor 1 for Rear + Velodyne subwoofer.

2. Polk Audio RTi A5 Front + Polk Audio CSi-A4 center + Polk Audio RTI A1 + Velodyne subwoofer.

3. Velodyne subwoofer 10ins or 12 ins?

In case i m tight on budget should i buy Towers + Sub or Towers with Center for the time being.

And if there are any suggestions to change anything like i shd opt for rti a7-zensor7 or diff center-rear or even sub.. please let me know.. i ll really appreciate it..

For the No. 2 Polk combination you should consider FXiA4 for surrounds instead of Rti A1. But then cost goes up by 5-6k.

In case i m tight on budget should i buy Towers + Sub or Towers with Center for the time being.

Both Dali and Polk have very good bass. You can postpone the Sub for later.

And if there are any suggestions to change anything like i shd opt for rti a7-zensor7 or diff center-rear or even sub.. please let me know..

IMO, Zensor 7 is significantly better than Zensor 5. If you are picking Dalis, I strongly suggest Zensor 7 over Zensor 5.

RTi A5 is pretty decent. It does not lack bass. RTi A7 is more of an incremental improvement.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back