Please suggest

Tanoj

Hi

Two friends are coming from two different country's , one from UK and one from Thailand

i asked to get a ortofon 2m red cart from the UK frnd as he said he cannot get anything heavier item

i wish to get a CDP or a DAC from other friend who is coming from Thailand

my question is do we get CDP or Dac cheaper there ?

My Budget is 10 K , will i find something in this budget there ?

Any suggestion for shopping website so that i can forward him the weblink to order

Thank you

Tanoj

sometime back i was trying to find info on the Audio equipments pricing in thailand.

I came across multiple amplifiers, speakers and dacs etc on certain websites whose names i dont remeber now. Prices were more or less similar to indian prices. in very few cases the prices were lesser due to some sale or promotion etc.

If the price difference is few 1000 rupees, its better to get in india keeping in mind the warranty issues, after sales service. The price difference may be tempting, but "after sales service" cannot be ignored. On the other hand, if your product/model is not available in india, and you are bent on getting it, then you may go ahead.

Hi Friends

Need your suggestion to choose and order a best budget cart , MM or MC both are fine

i used Denon DL 160, it was good , Heard Shure M97xe, right now listning to AT 92ECD

Initially i thought will go with ortofon 2M red, but sachin suggested its not that great cart

My TT is Sony SL 12 , Direct Drive .

Thank you

Tanoj

Hi Friends

Need your suggestion to choose and order a best budget cart , MM or MC both are fine

i used Denon DL 160, it was good , Heard Shure M97xe, right now listning to AT 92ECD

Initially i thought will go with ortofon 2M red, but sachin suggested its not that great cart

My TT is Sony SL 12 , Direct Drive .

Thank you

Tanoj

Hi Tanoj,
I never said 2M Red is bad,but OM10 suits better to your Sony,due to very high compliance.

Regards,
Sachin

18.gif

I am thinking i shuld again give a shot for the MC cart like "ortofon rhondo red cartridge ", cos i already have the MC phonostage of sachin , which was using for Denon DL 160

bul when i looked at the pirice for "ortofon rhondo red cartridge " at needle doctor , my heart skipped a beat . 39 K is way too steap for me ..

i am looking in range of 7-10 k max ...

could any one get me info reg mc carts in this range, also which have " Elliptical" stylus, like the one which shure m97xe has, little more dense than denon dl 160.

The AT cart which i bought does sound fine, and the sound of bass guitar ( Daddy cool album ) is sounding just right now, earlier i had issue with the denon cart, and was sure it was because of the stylus, it was thin and does not used to track the bass vibrations properly

so i get to know if there is something good in one cart then its lacking something ... can we find a balanced cart which will have like a full range, from lower bass, to mid bass, crisp mid, comfortable highs

I hope some of you must have already experienced what iam talking about ..

cheers

tanoj

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back