Please suggest

Im no expert bro. But recently auditioned a lot of speakers and bought Yamaha package. Here's my spec

AVR: Denon X550 [Got it from Germany 22K]
Front: Yamaha NS8390 Tower [19K]
Sub: Yamaha SW300 [Not yet delivered to me] [29K]
Center/Rear: P51 [10K]

@elangoas once suggested set up 5.0 and add a sub later. This is such a precious advice. Yamaha 8390 towers have inbuilt sub cone which is soo much better. At times really felt like, I have an active dedicated sub woofer. Since you decided to increase budget, this will be good ....

Yamaha 8390, P51 and Denon X550 - 58K [Denon is costlier in India], add one or 2 subs later.

Replacing the 8390 with F71 will cost 8K extra, but the sound quality and bass is extra ordinary, I auditioned. You can try that too.
Manoj
I have the same speaker package you have said those are really good speakers for the price. You can trust Yamaha for quality and service anywhere in India.
I am also in the final stage of completing my 5.1 setup by adding an sub .That will be mostly SW300

Manoj
I have the same speaker package you have said those are really good speakers for the price. You can trust Yamaha for quality and service anywhere in India.
I am also in the final stage of completing my 5.1 setup by adding an sub .That will be mostly SW300
Getting mine tomorrow. Its on transit. Will set it up this weekend. let you know for sure

So, the final options are :-

5.1 Setup
1. Focal Sib & Cub 3
2. Wharefedale DX-2
3. Jamo A101/HCS5

5.0 Setup
1. Jamo S426/S526
2. Polk T50
I also agree go for 5.0 option here as above 5.1 speakers have tiny main/centre speakers so i think they would really not enjoyable for music ,amp need to cut them at 150hz ( i think they all have 3inch midrange speaker) so you will get 80-150hz spectrum through sub hence localized sound from woofer plus low db's in lower range from main/centre speakers .In my opinion main and centre speakers atleast should go till 80hz @-3db.
In your case i will politely advice you to go for 5.0 setup and later upgrade to subwoofer .
I have s80 surround speakers and they really produce much below than their rated frequency range(audessey measure @40hz) so i am sure jamo s526 will not disappoint you for bass(unless you are bass head) even s426 can produce decent bass if you pair both of them with decent amp.

One piece of advice always have a audition and dont believe just on paper specs for freq range as my svs elevation is rated below jamo s60 surround in fr range but with my exp i am sure they definitely go deeper than svs and due to difference in sound signature sometime you can enjoy cheaper speakers :)

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions!
Updating this thread after a long time. Today brought home my system. It is a humble system by forum standards but far above my initial estimations. I had to punch above my weight to fulfill my dream!
Speaker - Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal
Receiver - Denon AVR x1400h
TV - Sony x7002F 43 inch(bought in the last week of March).
Got the sealed pack of Dali Zensors at a very good discount (20%). I believe this was the last Zensor 7 in Kolkata. The AVR is a demo one but in very good working condition. Got the 1 year warranty on the receiver. Will be putting down my thoughts as usage increases. But initial impression justifies all the good things I had read about the mighty Zensor 7. The bass is good enough for my kind of usage. Vocals are clear and crisp.
I plan to complete my setup by next year by adding two surrounds. Till that time, I'll try to get optimisation from my humble 3.0!

Once again, thanks to everyone for their valuable time and suggestions.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 41
Any idea about the ideal run in hours for Zensor 7? I’ve got some inconsistent results when searched. Results vary from 50 hours to 100+ hours!

Got Dali Alteco C-1 today. Waiting for the electrician to come and do the wiring and hanging over the weekend. However, setup was done by a noob like me and I have put it up over a cupboard for the time being. I am pretty satisfied with the kind of performance. Initially I did not even consider the Alteco. However, got to know about it and did my research. Must say it is one of the most underrated and under discussed pair of speakers.
Thus, I have completed my 5.0 setup which is also timber matched. It took me twice my budget and 4-5 months more for the setup.
Again, can't thank enough to everyone who has contributed with valuable suggestions and feedback.
Will surely put my experiences down once the run in is done and I spend considerable time.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back