please teach me.

manu4panjab

hello bros.

i need some tution so you can teach me how to match speakers rating wattage to amp or receiver wattage

like example

200 watts rating speakers + 50 watta /ch amp or avr = good or bad

200 ''''''''''' + 100 '''''''''' = good or bad

200'''''''''''''+ 150 ''''''''''''= good or bad

200''''''''''''''' + 200 ''''''''= good or bad

or

200 ''''''''''' + 300"''''''''= good or bad

you see i have very much great benifit from this site in my audio knowledge coz i have all of you here for me

so i need to gain knowledge more and more
:)
( also please keep in mind that i only asking this for knowledge sake ,my sound system sounds great so don't think i'm asking this for my system just to gain my knowledge in audio department:) )

Last edited:
hello bros.

i need some tution so you can teach me how to match speakers rating wattage to amp or receiver wattage

like example
200 watts rating speakers + 50 watta /ch amp or avr = good or bad

200 ''''''''''' + 100 '''''''''' = good or bad

200'''''''''''''+ 150 ''''''''''''= good or bad)

BAD as it can damage amp.

200''''''''''''''' + 200 ''''''''= good or bad)

50:50 as at moderate vol,spk cant drain amp.

or

200 ''''''''''' + 300"''''''''= good or bad)

It can damage spk at higher vol.

Its always better to have amps rating marginally higher tha spk power hndling.

Say100w spk, 120wamp = better combo.

hello bros.

like example

or

thanks bro

:)

hello bros.

like example

or

i had a question here. if higher power amp is better, why is it written on many speakers at 200W RMS that they can be driven by 30-200W amp. i think what is more important than just he power is that how much "clean " power the amp can put out. For eg. NAD 320 with 50W RMS/channel or HK 80W/ch appears more powerful than many 125Wpc amps although they may look weaker on paper.

This is not entirely accurate statement - the answer is "it depends" on the loudness one wants to hear as well as speaker values indicating its continuous and peak power. There are some monoblocks that are rated to as much as 1000W and drive speakers with 100 - 400W ratings very well without any issues whatsoever.

i had a question here. if higher power amp is better, why is it written on many speakers at 200W RMS that they can be driven by 30-200W amp. i think what is more important than just he power is that how much "clean " power the amp can put out. For eg. NAD 320 with 50W RMS/channel or HK 80W/ch appears more powerful than many 125Wpc amps although they may look weaker on paper.

Apart from taking into account the continuous power rating (thats the value that the speaker is able to perform at normal listening levels) and peak power (value it can withstand for short time periods), note that most amp manufacturers (esp. AVRs) distort and put confusing values for the wattage. THe power amp ratings are reasonably better.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back