pls help me decide: onkyo 728 v/s jbl studio one

paritosh

dear friends,

i'm sorry first of all if i am repeating the query... but I NEED YOUR PUREST SUGGESTIONS.

i have zeroed in on two combos:
1. Onkyo TX SR 508 with SKS HT 728
2. HK AVR 255 with JBL studio one

pl tell me which one according to you is a better choice.

price for the packages is not a consideration between these two as both of them are within my budget. room size is 17 X 12. preference is 60 / 40 for movies and music

I have not listened to HK combo you mentioned . But the onkyo option with tallboy speakers will sure give you good HT experience. My vote for Onkyo.

Buddy, could you also please share where you are sourcing them from and the break up of prices?

BTW, my vote for Onkyo too. Recently, I got a chance to check out JBL Studio FS pair and the bass seemed a bit boomy and reverberating, mids and highs were fine though.

thanks for the replis

i am from rajkor, gujarat and we have brand show-rooms of Onkyo as well as JBL from where i'll be buying the pkg (will put a larger hole in the pocket than other members who reside in metros like Chennai or Bengaluru). very little chance of bargaining here.

i too agree with the boominess issue of JBLs but that should be taken care of by some twiking in the setup of cross over. i liked the JBL on the grounds of cinstruction quality, looks and the mids. the sub in the 5.1 is also a killer.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back