Pls suggest good CRT TV

I have a JVC 29" regular CRT, and a Panasonic 21" slim CRT. Both are very good TV's, but comparatively from my personal experience, I feel that the regular CRT produces more natural pictures than the slim one.

Try for a Sony 29, if at all available. I saw one at Vijay Sales. Price was around 18K if I remember correct.

Philips Pixelplus.

Hifipal,

isnt pixelplus the LCD range

Donot go for slim models heard quite a few tv's having some trouble or the other after sometime. stick with the regular one Panasonic,Samsung, Sony are all good

In this Samsungs service is top notch.

Last edited:
Hifipal,

isnt pixelplus the LCD range

Donot go for slim models heard quite a few tv's having some trouble or the other after sometime. stick with the regular one Panasonic,Samsung, Sony are all good

In this Samsungs service is top notch.

Philips launched their pixel plus long before LCD's TV got familiar(or existed in India). Their Reference CRT's(made in Netherlands) had the pixel plus technology and it is praised by experts as the best thing ever happen to a CRT. Ive seen one personally and even a DVD looked like HD in it.black levels and color and contrast in those CRT were like no other ive ever seen.

Philips PixelPlus or Sony Trinitron WEGA DRC-MF or Samsung SlimFIT? [Archive] - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/29pt9420_69r/29pt9420_69r_dfu_eng.pdf
Philips Pixel Plus 29PT9420

Philips launched their pixel plus long before LCD's TV got familiar(or existed in India). Their Reference CRT's(made in Netherlands) had the pixel plus technology and it is praised by experts as the best thing ever happen to a CRT. Ive seen one personally and even a DVD looked like HD in it.black levels and color and contrast in those CRT were like no other ive ever seen.

Philips PixelPlus or Sony Trinitron WEGA DRC-MF or Samsung SlimFIT? [Archive] - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/29pt9420_69r/29pt9420_69r_dfu_eng.pdf
Philips Pixel Plus 29PT9420

Thanks a lot for tht when I checked the Philips India website it was not mentioned only pixelplus 2 was mentioned and that was for their LCD range. I guess its not available in India now. :mad:

Pardon me if I am wrong but I thk philips usually launches their products with cutting edge technology only in europe and US and India never gets to see them, they only launch their mass market junk here.

whenever I check their website meant for europe and check the ones for india there is marked difference in the range of products.

Pardon me if I am wrong but I thk philips usually launches their products with cutting edge technology only in europe and US and India never gets to see them, they only launch their mass market junk here.

What your saying is true. Philips sell their best products in Europe and not even in USA. The reason for that is people in India like japasese and Korean electronics and they go only for certain brand names. Philips does not have a premium name in India (although the stuff they sell in Europe are more expensive than any japasese products).

we imported a Philips 29" CRT in the 90's which has the 100hz (another Philips invention) and found that no other CRT at that time were remotely as good as the Philips but it costed us almost 1.25 lac rupee.No how many people will but a Philips 29"CRT in India if it was sold for a lac (or even bother to look at it) so that is why u don't get those amazing products here.

Not to mention that 29" tv we imported in 1994 is still running like a charm with a single problem till date.

Pixel+ and pixel+ 2 were the award winning technology during the (2003)period it was launched. It can't be compared with flimsy show the other player put down to woo buyers. Thant's why I went ahead and bought 29" crt wuth pixel + for 21k. A real Royal Philips..

The same thing happend with car audio market.
The japs stole the show with all kinds of marketing gimmicks and lights on the player while the european players couldn't hold it. but to follow suit.

The mid tones are allmost absent or else the rest is simply too loud. Blaupunkt(blue dot) products where known for fatigue free hearing with well balanced sound.

I have Sony Trinitron 25" crt last 4.2 years. Excellent color and pictures. No issues so far. Audio, as usual is not so good as in 21".

I think there will be a time again CRT rules over other displays when people realizes the colors what they are watching on LCD and Plasma are not really th true ones... :p

I have used and it's still in service - the Sony DRC 34 (9yrs now)

It has by far the best PQ on any display I have seen (barring day studio equipment).
Look out for a DRC Sony and it will keep you enthralled. Progressive scan Is important for CRT.

Hi all,

I have a Panasonic 29" Tau Giga 100Hz Progressive scanning TV bought from Al Ain, Dubai from Panasonic. Weights 53kg and gives me amazing PQ and SQ till date. Bought it is 2003 and the performance is superb. Paid about Rs 80,000 then. Not a single service to date. And it even now beats all the so called plasmas and LCDs to pulp in terms of pure quality of picture. And plays 720p and 1080i also, probably has got some sort of scaler inside, I am not aware. And has got four speakers + one two way subwoofer build in and comes with a separate audio board, (I have checked it!!!) and a RMS of 30watts!

These are still available for sale abroad, but it was a model never meant for the Indian market, TX29P150X, if you get it buy it!!! You wont regret it.

ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited:
How was the Philips 29PT7325? Was it as good as the 29PT8836?

Edit: somebody's selling so thinking ...

Thanks

Last edited:
Just got the 29D650 home an hour back. Currently viewing on composite cable as I forgot I didnt have a component cable.

Dont have Cable TV but PQ form Oppo BD-80 is decent. The tube has a problem though - the image is tilted up by 2 or 3 degrees towards the top right corner, as visible in the lines of the black bars on top and bottom of a movie.

Also the bottom right has a very faint smudge on normal images which when displaying a blue screen shows itself as a pinkish hue.

Guess I will have to replace it under warranty.

Otherwise it makes a great 2nd TV (in the long-term) for only INR 14,500. this will also help me postpone any OLED HDTV purchase by a full year until products in the market stabilize and a winning long term selling product shines over time. (I cant buy plasma as I like to watch in all windows open to daylight and even my IPS panel LCD suck in PQ).

All in all I am happy I have saved 60K on an HDTV - as long as I see a flicker free image I am good.

--G

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back