Pls suggest HT SPEAKER SETUP

Hey guys,

I am a HiFi newbie and also a newbie to HT setups. I am a fan of quality and detailed sound for watching movies and also listening to music. My needs are a good amplifier/subwoofer(prefer to avoid this)/speakers (would prefer something small and easy to install/move around). Can explain why move around in a bit. This setup is for my living room. My budget is around 75k. Also would love recommendations on projector options. My usage of projector would be only for movies once in a while(once in a month mostly). Budget for projector: 30k

Not sure how I would achieve move around part as if now but the reason I would love to have it is: I am trying to get a projector installed on the left side of the TV. The idea is if I can move my front speakers to left wall (which originally are going to exist besides my TV), they would serve the purpose for my projector as well.

Hope I was able to articulate my requirement. Looking for valuable suggestions from all of you experts. I am a complete newbie to this but I definitely want to get this done.

welcome to the forum. One of the things that help forum members is if you provide some more info. How big is your room? what TV do you use currently? What is your expected screen size? Will you be using Blu-Ray player, or just set top box? or connect it to a PC/Laptop?
Projector under 30k is difficult unless you go the used route. 1080p in that budget is unheard of unless you go for Chinese led projectors. projectors perform best in a light controlled room, which means if you leave windows open with natural light coming in, you get a washed out image. Screen also needs to be budgeted, which adds to the overall expense, also a projector wall/ceiling mount.
Now to speakers and amps, plenty of options in 75k. You may want to look into HTIB options(Home theater in a box). Look Here, Here to get a fair idea of what pricing looks like.

My budget is around 75k. Also would love recommendations on projector options. My usage of projector would be only for movies once in a while(once in a month mostly). Budget for projector: 30k

Hope the budget of 75K for HT & 30K for the projector are exclusive..

It is hard to fetch a projector for 30K.. You can consider Egate K9 (DLP-LED-HD) projector from amazon.in for slightly more price..(or) grab it during amazon.in festive sales.. It is a 1280 x 800 resolution projector, should serve your needs of once in a while movie watch..

For 75K, HT, you can consider a 5.1 AVR, 5.0 speaker package & a subwoofer..

Not sure how I would achieve move around part as if now but the reason I would love to have it is: I am trying to get a projector installed on the left side of the TV. The idea is if I can move my front speakers to left wall (which originally are going to exist besides my TV), they would serve the purpose for my projector as well.

If you could share some images of your room, you would get some better suggestions..

Hope the budget of 75K for HT & 30K for the projector are exclusive..

Yes.

For 75K, HT, you can consider a 5.1 AVR, 5.0 speaker package & a subwoofer..
Can you suggest setup? Which brand and model are preferrable?

Egate K9 (DLP-LED-HD) projector from amazon.in

I have an option to order from US. Can you suggest any good model if I can get it a bit cheaper?

Can you suggest setup? Which brand and model are preferrable?

For AVR Pioneer VSX 531 from hifimart 28.5K - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-531-av-receiver.html?search=Pioneer&description=true (or) any other place where you can get it lower..

For speakers, Taga Inmove 5.0 from ebay.in 25 K - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmon...663708?hash=item41c927335c:g:gYsAAOSwWWxY-OcB

For subwoofer, Taga harmony TSW 200, 12 inch sub for 23K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-200-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

I have an option to order from US. Can you suggest any good model if I can get it a bit cheaper?

Getting it from US would be the cheapest option.. Since your budget is around 30K, i wold suggest Optoma ML750, a DLP-FHD-LED projector around that budget US $500 from amazon.com..

Am not aware of the DLP-Lamp offering under $500, please consider options from other FM..

Getting it from US would be the cheapest option.. Since your budget is around 30K, i wold suggest Optoma ML750, a DLP-FHD-LED projector around that budget US $500 from amazon.com..
Sure. Would it get any better if I extend my budget for another 5-10k? Pls suggest if I can get some additional features for some stretch.
For AVR Pioneer VSX 531 from hifimart 28.5K - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-531-av-receiver.html?search=Pioneer&description=true (or) any other place where you can get it lower..

For speakers, Taga Inmove 5.0 from ebay.in 25 K - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmon...663708?hash=item41c927335c:g:gYsAAOSwWWxY-OcB

For subwoofer, Taga harmony TSW 200, 12 inch sub for 23K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-200-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true
Also can you suggest if I can get more quality out of Bose acoustimass 10 speakers and some amplifier - I know the budget would cross 1l - this setup I might end up spending 1.3l. Can you suggest if it's worth it?

Sure. Would it get any better if I extend my budget for another 5-10k? Pls suggest if I can get some additional features for some stretch.

If you can connect all your devices (BR player, chromecast, laptop) to AVR and then to the projector, you are mostly done.. Any particular feature you are looking for?.. Can suggest accordingly..

Also can you suggest if I can get more quality out of Bose acoustimass 10 speakers and some amplifier - I know the budget would cross 1l - this setup I might end up spending 1.3l. Can you suggest if it's worth it?

Though i have never used Bose speakers, you are better off with earlier suggestion.. Bose are way expensive for what they offer..

If you can stretch your budget to 1.3L for AVR & speakers then i would suggest you to consider a 7.1 AVR (Pioneer Vsx 932 or other equivalent models) where you have an option of completing a great 5.1.2 HT set-up, rather than spending on expensive Bose speakers..

I don't understand what's 5.1.2 setup. But thanks for the suggestion, I also had the same opinion about Bose. I think I can spend my budget in phases, can't spend all 1.3l at once. So maybe I should do a pioneer 7.1 avr first.
Projector that you were suggesting seems to be a portable one. I am trying to mount something in ceiling. But, I am ok if it's serving portability and mounting both. If I have to compromise on quality for portability, I'm ok getting the one which can be ceiling mounted. Can you suggest please

Hey guys,

I am a HiFi newbie and also a newbie to HT setups. I am a fan of quality and detailed sound for watching movies and also listening to music. My needs are a good amplifier/subwoofer(prefer to avoid this)/speakers (would prefer something small and easy to install/move around). Can explain why move around in a bit. This setup is for my living room. My budget is around 75k. Also would love recommendations on projector options. My usage of projector would be only for movies once in a while(once in a month mostly). Budget for projector: 30k

Hope I was able to articulate my requirement. Looking for valuable suggestions from all of you experts. I am a complete newbie to this but I definitely want to get this done.

Hi

Welcome to HFV

We have lots of comments and details under "What Should I Buy" and "Home Theatre" sections,,,,

The main thing is to visit dealers and NEVER reveal your actual budget...inform them of room or hall size and ask what systems they have...carry your own music cd or movie clip as a reference and demo what is there......make a list and share with us..we will help you to shortlist....

Bottom line the system should appeal to you in budget, connectivity requirements, appearance and overall performance....

This is the current offer on HIFIMART

https://www.hifimart.com/denon-x540bt-wharfedale-dx-1se-5-1-speaker-package.html

If you hear more music then go for a Marantz or Yamaha AVR...if more movies then Denon...if 50 50 for movies n music then Onkyo or Pioneer.....

There are dedicated owner threads for Pioneer, Yamaha, Marantz, Denon etc which will help...user first hand reviews are there..browse through the last 5-7 pages for latest experiences as these threads were started years back.....you want info on new models of AVRs hence look at the most recent pages for that!

All the best....dont rush......you should be happy with what you buy!

I don't understand what's 5.1.2 setup. But thanks for the suggestion, I also had the same opinion about Bose. I think I can spend my budget in phases, can't spend all 1.3l at once. So maybe I should do a pioneer 7.1 avr first.

Yes.. Get a 7.1 AVR first and then 5.0 speaker package & subwoofer.. You can add height speakers at a later stage too..

5.1 refers to standard surround set-up.. 5.1.2 refers to Atmos / Dts X surround format where 2 overhead speakers are placed above your listening position, making it 5.1 + 2 = 7.1 set-up..

Below image for better understanding..
yumdovpiuxlqbtivqvlq.jpg

Projector that you were suggesting seems to be a portable one. I am trying to mount something in ceiling. But, I am ok if it's serving portability and mounting both. If I have to compromise on quality for portability, I'm ok getting the one which can be ceiling mounted. Can you suggest please

Though that model is designed for portability, don't think it is a compromise on quality.. Moreover there usually would be mounting options provided for the projectors.. There is tripod mount hole provided for this projector.. Since your usage would be less, mounting them on tripod could be easier..

I use similar projector (DLP-FHD-LED) from other brands, and they are a bit expensive than your budget.. Hence suggested the inexpensive model..

Optoma HD 143X is an other choice around that $500 budget.. Anyways, please wait for inputs from other members too to consider projector models..

I am going to move in to a new apartment next year. We have a 300x390 room (125 sq ft approx) for home theatre / listening room cum library. I have a pair of tannoy eclipse 3 floor standers and denon x1200 reciever. Please suggest equipment to complete the ht set up. I think the eclipse 3 floor standers need a lot of space to breathe, moreover requires to be toed in for good imaging. If I can channel lower frequencies to a sub that require lesser breathing space I can retain those towers and add other equipment. Else I ll have to sell them off for some good bookshelves that require lesser breathing space. My dealer is suggesting mixing speakers for ideal output. I like warm mellow sound for vocals and absolutely hate ringing highs for music. My usage will be 60-70% music and 30% movies and xbox. May be my movie time will increase with a dedicated space.

My dealers suggestion
Reciever : x 1200 Denon (already here)
Towers: Tannoy eclipse 3 (already here)
Surrounds: Wharfdale DFS 19k (wall mounted)
Centre channel: Polk CSIA4 (18-19k)
Subwoofer: Polk PSW 110 / Mission M200 (18-20k)

Would it be wise to go for mixing of speakers for HT? My suggestion was to consider Eclipse center speaker (which he says is too soft for vocals) and Wharfdale surrounds. What about tannoy 2.8 sub? which is the only one in the tannoy range that falls within my budget (50k for surrounds + sub). Can some one suggest speakers that can tonally match with tannoy towers?

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back