Plz Help me choosing preamp

tigerwag

Hello guys.
I am looking ahead to add a preamp in my system which consists of cadence va1 and aristas. Sources are laptop thr dac and linn axis TT thr CA azur phono.
I have seen audionote m one preamp in one of the hifi shop ( preowned). Its fitting in my budget after stretching a lil bit.
Anybody using audionote preamp. Or any opinions on the combination? Planning to add a cd player in near future.

cadence va1 and aristas
Sir,
Hello !
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how you plan to put a pre into a chain that does not have a Power Amp.
The VA-1 is an Int Amp [I think] - So how will a pre fit in ?
Kindly shed some light.
:indifferent14:

Hello bhagwan,
I visited somebody who is founder member and one of the designer of cadence system. He only suggested me to add preamp before VA1 as it doesent have pre amp.
I am very new to hifi world.
Other members plz share some views.
Thank u.

AFAIK, the VA-1 is an integrated.

So to use an external pre, one must plug the output of the external pre to one of the line inputs of the VA-1, select that particular source on the VA-1, set the volume of the VA-1 to full, and use volume control of the external pre (alternately, set external pre volume to full and use VA-1 knob).

Not sure if this arrangement will bring sonic gains.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back