plz somebody help me.......

SSK

hi everyone.....recently i bought denon 1611 + polk audio rm6750. i connect my dell laptop to the receiver via hdmi out from ATI radeon 4750 graphics card. . i tried various combinations to get the 5.1 effect but i am not able to do....its showing that the audio input form is 2ch. what is the solution for this? how can i get 5.1 ch output from laptop and how should i connect to the receiver.....does the receiver can convert the signal from 2ch to 5ch? i think i should..plz help me out..

First of all, does Radeon 4xxx series do audio bitstream?? I thought only 5 series and up did that...

Also, use some effect like Dolby Pro Logic etc in the receiver...it will give u 'pseudo' surround effect by playing stereo sound through all speakers.

INSTALL power DVD and in audio option select audio via HDMI

and to bitstream it in VLC Browse the forum you ll get the answer as it is previously discussed

hi everyone.....recently i bought denon 1611 + polk audio rm6750. i connect my dell laptop to the receiver via hdmi out from ATI radeon 4750 graphics card. . i tried various combinations to get the 5.1 effect but i am not able to do....its showing that the audio input form is 2ch. what is the solution for this? how can i get 5.1 ch output from laptop and how should i connect to the receiver.....does the receiver can convert the signal from 2ch to 5ch? i think i should..plz help me out..

You can get 5.1 of DD/Dts(not HD).Can play Blurays with regular 5.1 audio as
it can send 7.1 surround sound with DRM limited to 6.144 Mpbs.
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series Overview

You need to select default sound out as ATI.If it doesnt work,DL realtek HDMI drivers & install.

radeon 4xxx can bitstream dd and dts, but not hd audio.

@op: what player are you using? i use mediaplayer classic home cinema with ffdshow for audio. you can bitstream audio through hdmi with this setup pretty easily.
this is a pretty good guide for that purpose. its for winows 7 but the steps should be similar for XP. post here if you need any further help on this.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back