PMC 20.23 1st Impressions!!!

For normal room sizes within 300 sq. ft. driver size barely makes much impact on the sound characteristics whenever transmission line design speakers are set in comparison to bass-reflex ones. The frequency response of the drivers used in TL design needs to be matched accurately with the TL housing and the 'specified' quantity and density of dampening material to provide you with the 'desired'. Maybe this complicity prevents most speaker manufacturers to attempt taking up TL speaker manufacture on a mass scale. PMC being one exception. 3-4 other firms are present too, but on a much smaller scale.

Salk makes some very nice sounding and highly regarded TL speakers. Plus, you can customize them with your choice of veneers, colors, and cap upgrades. I will certainly buy them sometime in the future. It really is a pity that their speakers are not more accessible. Their range starts at a very reasonable $2k and you get very good quality drivers and cabinet and finish too for the various price points.

I too have TL floorstanders based on GR research (danny Richie) n3 design. The bass is different but once we get used to it, it is superior, IMHO, to most bass reflex designs. But that is a very subjective statement of course.

Given a chance, I would also like to listen to vapor audio joule white which is also a TL design, and uses some very good quality drivers.

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/joule-white/

Last edited:
[IMG2]twenty.23 | PMC Loudspeakers[/IMG2]

How much does this cost ?, anyone knows where we can audition this in bangalore

Regards

Tanoj

I am interested in this . Is there a place in Bangalore to listen to this . Will the 60 W Naim able to drive this ?

They are high end audio dealers...you just can't call them ...you need to be introduced or you need to know the secret code...

Khusrau most certainly doesn't fall's in this bracket. But he has a very funny dialer tone & can be confusing:)
Suggest you try calling again or else mail him.
All the best
Cheers

They are high end audio dealers...you just can't call them ...you need to be introduced or you need to know the secret code...

I may tend to agree with this statement;
Although it may not be the case with Nexus Audio - but a few other D & D's definitely need a 'reference' to take matters forward...
So panditji, your comment is not out of line - I would tend to agree with you..:eek:hyeah:

Khusrau most certainly doesn't fall's in this bracket. But he has a very funny dialer tone & can be confusing:)
Suggest you try calling again or else mail him.
All the best
Cheers

Are you saying the voice message is actually a dialer tone ? I thought that is the from the mobile service provider ... It is funny/weird indeed .

Are you saying the voice message is actually a dialer tone ? I thought that is the from the mobile service provider ... It is funny/weird indeed .

"....the person you are trying to reach is enjoying tender coconut sitting on the beach....":lol:

Please do dial this;
It was working till last night - so I assume it may be working today too.
If you cannot get through - pm me your name & number - I shall pass it on to the D & D of PMC;:)

It is the same number that i tried earlier , tried again now .. same message - "Vodapone number is not available" .

Anyway mailed him . Let me see

Thanks for your willingness to help

Do you know anyone in Bangalore who owns this brand . i can give a visit

Just got a call from KJ . He is setting up a Demo session in Bangalore to showcase PMC 23. This will mostly happen in the end of May .

Another update - ARN will receive an Amphion Argon soon :) . Hope many will be interested to listen to it.

I may tend to agree with this statement;
Although it may not be the case with Nexus Audio - but a few other D & D's definitely need a 'reference' to take matters forward...
So panditji, your comment is not out of line - I would tend to agree with you..:eek:hyeah:

My comments were made in jest and in general and not towards anyone in particular....so nobody take any offence except the high end dealers who act like that...

"....the person you are trying to reach is enjoying tender coconut sitting on the beach....":lol:

Actually its as follows:

the person you are trying to urgently reach, he is having a tender coconut standing on the beach, he is having a good time just leave him alone or he might get mad & break your bone....

:lol::p:D:eek:hyeah:

Just got a call from KJ . He is setting up a Demo session in Bangalore to showcase PMC 23. This will mostly happen in the end of May .

Another update - ARN will receive an Amphion Argon soon :) . Hope many will be interested to listen to it.

Please keep us posted. Would be an interesting listen.

Pity on the frequent caller ... should be with countless broken bones already :) I admire the courage and association for whatever reason it may be !!!

Last edited:
I've just upgraded from a pair of 13 year old B&W stand mounted speakers to PMC Twenty.23 speakers. Really impressed by the sound quality. Such an improvement over my B&W speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back